Service Sector Aptitude is a segment of NCHMCT-JEE. It is one of the trickiest portions that an aspirant is quizzed in the test on their knowledge about the Hotel Management Industry. There are ways how one can score in this section. This article will orient you about the pattern and books which might be helpful in your exam preparation.
|BBA Important Exams|
Service Sector Aptitude Portion plays a very pivotal role in the various entrance exams for the Hotel Management Programme.
These exams are the gateway to all hospitality programs available in colleges affiliated with NCHM- National Council for Hotel Management such as the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering (BHMCT).
Marking NCHMCT-JEE is as follows:
Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude
No of Questions
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
General Language and Current Affairs
Aptitude for Service Sector
About Service Sector Aptitude Portion
In this section, you are tested more on your personal judgments. You will be given a situation and the options which you have to mark accordingly.
Questions will be based on the hospitality sector so you must have a sound knowledge of this domain.
Reading hospitality magazines like Outlook Traveller, Destination India can come to your rescue.
Among all other sections, the Aptitude for Service Sector is the only one without a prescribed syllabus. Since it is one of the easier sections, it checks the aspirant’s overall development and moral attitudes in the subject of hospitality.
It also tests the candidate’s interpersonal skills. The questions in this section need to be objectively answered after due analysis. Moreover, Questions doesn’t contain correct answers. What needs to do here is to choose the most appropriate answer among the given alternatives.
While preparing for the Aptitude for Service Sector section of Hotel Management Entrance Examinations the main fundamentals that will help you are:
Understanding of the syllabus and question pattern
- Good study materials
- Time management
- Revision and practice
- Outlook Traveller Destination India, Masterchef series, etc. can help you when it comes to questions/caselets concerning the hospitality sector and various attitudes concerning it.
- Aptitude for the Service Sector by R Sharma
- The Ultimate Guide for Hotel Management by Arihant
- R Gupta’s book for Hotel Management
- Hotel Management Entrance exam guide by Dr. RP Datason.
The benefits of subscribing Online Classroom Program are:
- Structured Live Courses with a daily study plan
- Complete Access to all the running and upcoming courses of all IPMAT & other BBA Entrance Exams (JIPMAT, DU JAT, GGSIPU, UGAT, Christ and SET University, etc.)
- NO NEED to purchase separate courses for different BBA exams
- Prepare with India's best Faculty with a proven track record (7 faculties with decades of experience)
- Complete Doubt Resolution by Mentors and Experts
- Performance analysis and Report card to track improvement