How can Sustainability be Achieved for Development?
Following are some major issues of sustainability that are important for development:
- It can be achieved by using non-conventional sources of energy such as wind power and solar power as they are cleaner and greener energy sources instead of thermal power plants and hydropower plants.
- By using Gobar Gas and LPG in rural areas in place of dung cake, wood, or other biomass. LPG and Gobar Gas are clean fuel and it reduces pollution to a large extent.
- Using CNG in public transport and vehicles as fuel help in reducing air pollution and making the air cleaner.
- Wind mills can be instituted in high-speed wind areas to generate electricity without impacting the environment.
- By using the Photovoltaic Cells to store the solar energy from the sunlight and convert it into electricity.
- By adopting traditional practices which are environment friendly such as using Unani, Ayurveda, Tibetan, and folk systems for health-related problems; using hair oil, toothpaste, body lotion, face cream that have herbal composition, etc.
Why is the Issue of Sustainability Important for Development?
Sustainable development is important to support the different life forms in the environment, for proper distribution of the resources so that future generations can avail of them, improve the standard of living of the poor at the grass root level, etc.
- What is the State Tree, Flower, Animal, or Bird of Odisha?
- What was the Name of the Secret Society that was Founded by Guiseppe Mazzini in Berne?
- Where do the Rivers Indus and Ganga have their Origin?
- Which are the Three Broad Categories of Natural Vegetation?
- What were the Activities Associated with Chola Temples?
- Who hosted the Congress of Vienna in 1815?