Residential Plot In EWS
- To qualify for the reservation, individuals who are not covered by the S.C., S.T., or OBC reservation program and whose household earns less than Rs 8 crore (Rs 8 lakh only) in gross yearly income must be categorized as EWS.
Also, persons whose family owns or owns any of the following assets will not be designated as EWS, regardless of family income:
- 5 acres of agricultural land and more;
- Living area 1000 square feet or more;
- Residential land of 100 m2 and more in notified municipalities;
- Residential land with a size of 200 m2 and more in areas other than notified municipalities.
Property owned by the "Family" in several locations or cities would be combined when using the land. Or a test for asset ownership to establish EWS status.
- For this reason, the term "Family" refers to the individual claiming the benefit of the reservation, his or her parents, siblings, children under the age of 18, and his or her spouse.
What is the residential plot in EWS?
A person must be recognized as EWS to qualify for the reservation if S.C., S.T. does not cover them, or the OBC reservation program and their family's gross yearly income is less than Rs 8 crore (Rupees eight lakh only).