TNPSC Group 4 General Studies syllabus is one of the most important sections and accounts for maximum weightage. This section has 75 questions from General Science, Current Events, Geography, History & Culture of India, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement, History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements of Tamil Nadu, Development Administration in Tamil Nadu, Aptitude & Mental Ability Test. Below are the details of the TNPSC Group 4 General Studies syllabus for each subject mentioned.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Current Events
Candidates should note that the current event is an important part of the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus. This paper mainly assesses the current events happening in and around the world. For this, the candidates should be aware of the current affairs, important dates, etc, to achieve maximum scores in this paper. The important topics of these areas are as follows:
|TNPSC Group 4 Current Events Syllabus|
Latest diary of events, National symbols, Books and Authors, Eminent personalities and places in the news, Sports, Profile of states, Welfare Scheme of Government, Political parties and Political system in Tamil Nadu and India, Latest inventions in Science and Technology, Current Socio-Economic issues, Geographical Land Marks
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Geography
The important topics covered in the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Geography are given below:
- Earth Location
- Water resource
- Physical Features
- Weather and climate
- Minerals and Natural resource
- Transport and Communication
- Forest and Wildlife
- Agriculture pattern.
- Population density and distribution in Tamil Nadu and India.
- Disaster Management
- Climate change
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for History and Culture of India
The syllabus for TNPSC Group 4 for the History and Culture of India subject consists of important topics that check the candidate’s knowledge of history subjects. Here are some of the important topics mentioned below:
History and Culture of India
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Mughals and Marathas
- South Indian History.
- Delhi Sultans
- Characteristics of Indian Culture
- Unity in Diversity
- India as a Secular State
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Polity
Polity un TNPSC Group 4 exam shall cover important topics from the exam, including the Indian Constitution, Preamble, Houses of Parliament, etc.
- Constitution of India
- Salient features of the Constitution
- Fundamental Rights
- Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Fundamental Duties,
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive
- Union Legislature
- State Executive
- State Legislature
- Local Governments
- Panchayat Raj
- Spirit of Federalism
- Centre-state Relationships
- Anti-Corruption measures
- Lokpal and Lokayukta
- Judiciary in India
- Rule of Law.
- Corruption in public life
- Right to Information
- Empowerment of Women
- Consumer Protection Forums
- Human Rights Charter.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Indian Economy
Candidates should have proper knowledge of the TNPSC Group 4 Indian Economy Syllabus to achieve maximum scores in this section. Some of the important topics covered in this area are as follows:
- Nature of the Indian economy
- Five-year plan models
- an assessment
- Land Reforms and Agriculture
- Economic Trends
- Employment Generation
- Planning Commission and NitiAyog.
- Sources of revenue
- Reserve Bank of India
- Finance Commission
- Resource sharing between Union and State Governments
- Goods and Services Tax.
- Application of Science and Technology in Agriculture
- Industrial growth
- Rural Welfare oriented programs
- Social Problems
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Indian National Movement
Candidates can check out the following topics that are covered in the TNPSC Group 4 Indian National Movement Syllabus to score well in the exam:
Indian National Movement
- National Renaissance
- Indian National Congress
- The emergence of Leaders –B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Thanthai Periyar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Rabindranath Tagore, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Rajaji, Subhash Chandra Bose, Muthulaksmi Ammaiyar, Muvalur Ramamirtham, and other National Leaders.
- The early uprising against British Rule
- Different modes of Agitation of Tamil Nadu and movements.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements of Tamil Nadu
The following topics are covered in the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements of Tamil Nadu subject are given below:
History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements of Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological Discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
a) Significance as a Secular Literature.
b) Relevance to Everyday Life.
c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity.
d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc.
e) Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs.
f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural.
- Early agitations against British Rule
- Role of women in the freedom struggle.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in the freedom struggle
- Various Social reformers, Social reform movements and Social transformation of Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
Candidates can check out the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus to know the topics that will be asked in the Development Administration in Tamil Nadu subject. The list of important topics is as follows
Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socioeconomic Development.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.