- Teacher Education is commonly known as Teacher Training
- It refers to the policies, procedures, and provision designed to equip the prospective and in-service teachers with:
Teachers as the role says, are require to perform their tasks very effectively in the classroom, school, and in the wider community.
- The professionals who engage in training the prospective teachers are called teacher educators or teacher trainers
- It is possible to become a teacher without completing a teacher education program but teacher education is important with the following reasons:
Learn Latest Techniques
- Teaching is one of the oldest professions
- New techniques & teaching strategies are researched need to be implemented in the classroom
- It is a kind of personal teaching to aware teachers with modern techniques.
Discover Classroom Technology
- It is not easy to get update with all the latest technology esp related class technology
- Classroom technology is the need of the hour
- Teacher education helps to discover new ways to use technology to enhance the experience of the students.
Network with Other Education Professionals
- Teacher education helps in gaining professionalism
- Peer to Peer form of learning with other teacher
- Forming a network to share bright ideas and good teaching-learning practices
Improve Teaching Skills
- There are lots of skills that are helpful to have as a teacher.
- Teacher education program helps to learn skills and to figure out weaknesses and to improve in those areas.
- This helps in confidence building and to be more prepared in classroom sessions.
- The more opportunities to teach, the better you become
- Teacher education provides skills for better
- classroom management techniques,
- lesson planning,
- lesson timing, and more
- Teacher education programs provide opportunities to gain experience which is vital to help in becoming a better teacher.
Scope of Teacher Education :
The scope of teacher education can be understood in the following ways;
- Teacher education at different levels of education
- Triangular basis of teacher education
- Aspects of teacher education
Teacher Education at different levels of Education
- Teacher education is required as teachers at all levels of education, namely Pre-primary, Primary, Elementary, Secondary, Higher Secondary and the Tertiary need it and requirements of students and education vary at each level.
- Teacher education helps in the development of teaching skills as per professional institutions.
- Teacher education helps in special education and physical education.
- Teacher Education helps to develop effective preparedness to entrant teacher
Triangular Basis of Teacher education
- Teacher education derives its content from the disciplines of :
- Sociology and
- Construction of the relevant knowledge base for each stage of education requires:
- high degree of academic an
- intellectual understanding of matter
- These disciplines provide the base for better understanding and application of Teacher education.
- The Philosophical basis provides
- insights to the student teachers about the implications of- the various schools of philosophy
- Ancient and modern philosophical thoughts
- Educational thoughts of philosophical thinkers on education
- Various aspects such as curriculum construction and discipline
- The Sociological basis helps
- student teachers to understand the role of society
- Dynamics in the educational system of a nation and the world at large
- The Psychological basis helps
- student teachers develop insights into students' psychological make-up.
Aspects of Teacher Education:
- Teacher education is concerned with the aspects:
- who (Teacher Educator)
- whom (Student teacher)
- what (Content) and
- how (Teaching Strategy)
- Teacher education is dependent upon the quality of teacher educators.
- The quality of pedagogical inputs in teacher education programmes
- The effective utilization for the purpose of preparing prospective teachers depend largely on the professional competence of teacher educators
Remember : Teacher education first deals with the preparation of effective teacher educators.
Preparation Tips for upcoming UGC NET EXAM 2021
- Check the full syllabus and examination pattern of UGC NET EXAM thoroughly
- Start preparing for the exam with a time schedule
- Practice with the previous year’s question papers and their solution
- Keep revision of all topics from the topics on a daily basis
- Check your progress with mock tests
- Study carefully and do maintain your health.
We hope you all understood the concept of Teacher Education : Meaning and Scope: for Paper 2 Education in UGC NET Exam.
Team grade up.