NTA UGC NET 2021 Notification Out! The official notification of the UGC NET Exam has been released. NTA has in consultation with UGC has merged UGC NET December 2020 and June 2021 cycles. The application form for UGC NET will start from 10th August and will end on 5th September. NTA has postponed the UGC NET exam for further notice. The new examination dates will be announced soon. The age for applying for JRF is 31 (October 1, 2021).
Below, we have provided the details for UGC NET 2021 for important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, and application fee details of the exam here. National Testing Agency conducts the exam of UGC NET to test the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professors as well as Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in India’s universities and colleges.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Notification: Important Dates
As per the public notice released by NTA, here are the important dates of the exam of UGC NET 2021:
Name of the Event
UGC NET Official Notification
10th August 2021
UGC NET Online Application begins
10th August 2021
UGC NET Apply Online last date
05th September 2021
General- Rs. 1000/- Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL** Rs. 500/- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender Rs. 250/-
Application form correction date
07 September to 12 September 2021
17th to 25th October. (Postponed until further Notice)
UGC NET Admit card 2021
To be released
Declaration of Result
To be released
UGC NET 2021 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
NTA eligibility criteria for UGC NET Exam is the same as last year. Below we have given the eligibility criteria for applying online
- A candidate must possess a Master’s degree in the relevant subject, in order to apply for this exam.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their post-graduation, in order to apply for this exam (General Candidates). For all other candidates, this criteria is 50%.
- Final Year Students can also appear for this exam, subject to the fact that they complete their course with the required eligibility requirement.
- There is no age limit for students applying for Assistant Professor, however, for students applying for Junior Research Fellowship, there is an upper age limit of 30 years.
- There is a category relaxation of 5 years.
- Age criteria have been relaxed for one year for JRF. The age limit is now 31 years for General and EWS (October 1, 2021).
- For Other categories, this is now 36 years (October 1, 2021).
UGC NET 2021 Notification: Selection Process
UGC NET exam comprises 2 papers, which are conducted online. These are:
- Paper-I (General - Common for all candidates)
- Paper-II (Subject-specific)
Candidates can check the complete selection process of UGC NET 2021 here.
UGC NET Exam Syllabus and Pattern
Here is the exam pattern of the UGC NET 2021 exam:
This exam consists of 50 questions and each question carries 2 marks, constituting a total of 100 marks.
This is the subject-specific exam which consists of a total of 100 questions and each question carries 2 marks. This paper constitutes a total of 200 marks.
- There is no negative marking.
Candidates can also check the exam pattern of UGC NET 2021 here.
We have also shared the detailed syllabus of UGC NET for Paper-I & Paper-II. Go through this post for a better understanding.
All the best for your exams,
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.