The UGC NET Exam paper will be divided into two papers: Papers 1 & Paper 2. In this Article, BYJU'S Exam Prep brings you some of the essential points that will help you to know the importance of Paper 1 in the UGC NET Exam 2023:
- There are a total of 150 questions in the UGC NET Exam
- Candidates have to attempt a total of 150 questions in three hours
- In Paper 1 syllabus: here are a total of ten units
- Each unit has equal weightage in the examination.
- There are 50 questions in paper 1 which have a total weightage of 100 marks
- All 50 questions are compulsory with no negative marking for the wrong answer.
UGC NET 2023 Paper 1 is a general exam and it is mandatory for all aspirants and Paper 2 is as per their choice of subject
- Paper 1 is a crucial paper as it does decide your final result!
- The score of UGC NET exam paper 1 has a higher significance in overall results
- One positive point that can aid to improve your chances to qualify for the exam
- The right amount of hard work with proper guidance will result in a better chance of qualifying for the UGC NET exam
- Merit list is prepared subject-wise and category-wise after analyzing aggregate marks in both papers
- Only the top 6% of candidates get selected for eligibility of NET Lectureship
- A separate merit list for the award of JRF from the Top 6% NET qualified candidates
Note: It is important to remember that: Accuracy in solving the questions that are attempted, is any day a better strategy than simply attempting questions.
- It is very important to have complete information on UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus as well as the exam pattern.
- Devote maximum time to your paper 2, but ensure that you keep in touch with Paper 1 as well
- Best way: solve 4-5 questions daily starting from now, especially using mock test
- In the last one month or so before the exam, start devoting more time to UGC NET Exam paper 1
- Do start solving a few tough mock test papers to check your preparation level with a score
- Work upon your weak area
- Ideally speaking, Take daily tests religiously and keep yourself engaged UGC NET Exam Preparation
Wish you all the best!
Importance of Mock Tests for UGC NET Exam 2023
Importance of Previous year papers for UGC NET Exam 2023
Best Strategy to Prepare for UGC NET 2023: Paper 1
Preparation Tips for upcoming UGC NET 2023 EXAM
- Check the full syllabus and examination pattern of UGC NET EXAM thoroughly
- Start preparing for the exam with a time schedule
- Practice with the previous year’s question papers and their solution
- Keep revision of all topics from the topics on a daily basis
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides you crisp and relevant notes with plenty of questions, mock tests and practical applications based questions. Hence, to score better, start your preparation now and crack UGC NET 2021.
Increase your chances to crack JRF by 900%-Join Online Classroom Program
We hope you all understood the importance of Paper 1 in the UGC NET Exam.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Commentswrite a comment