The two most important aspects of any prelims exam are;
1. Time Management: This is the crucial part and becomes your way to success. You have some weak and some strong areas so plan and manage your time accordingly. AS there is a sectional timer in the SBI PO Exam, so to utilize the maximum of this time you should be very accurate in attempting questions according to your weaker and stronger section.
2. The speed with Accuracy: As far as a quant is concerned speed matters a lot but don’t forget that should be with 100% accuracy that will enhance your marks and save time.
Tips to Maximize the Quant Section Score
Firsts let us analyze the pattern of the Quantitative Aptitude Section of the SBI PO Exam. Go through the previous year's SBI PO question paper to understand the level and types of questions asked. The below table shows the expected topics as well as the aspected number of questions.
|Topics||Expected Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation||10 -15 Q|
|Simplification and Approximation||5 - 10 Q|
|Number Series||0 - 5 Q|
|Quadratic Equations||0 - 5 Q|
|Arithmetic||12 - 15 Q|
To watch live sessions for the SBI PO 2022 exam by exam-qualified experts, you can try our SBI PO Online Coaching.
Now, Let's go through each topic one by one.
1. Simplification/ Approximation:
- In these questions, you need to you have to find the value which will come in place of the question mark in the questions.
- The BODMAS rule is the key here. It defines the correct sequence in which operations are to be performed in a given mathematical expression to find the correct value. This means that to simplify an expression, the following order must be followed –
B = Bracket, O = Order (Powers, Square Roots, etc.) D = Division
M = Multiplication A = Addition S = Subtraction
- Generally, these questions are very easy and can be solved very fast using various shortcut techniques.
- Basic calculation and approximation concepts should be strong as they can directly drive you to pick the right option.
2. Number Series:
- Number series tests present numerical sequences that follow a logical rule which is based on elementary arithmetic. You are then asked to predict the next number that obeys the rule.
- There are two types of number series:
- Wrong Number Series
- Missing Number Series
- Try looking for patterns in simple things, like, a difference between different squares and cubes of numbers + various multiplication and divisions associated + the importance of prime numbers. You can easily solve 3 questions from 5 questions.
You can practice the SBI PO Test series designed by the experts of BYJU'S Exam Prep.
3. Quadratic Equation:
- The questions from this topic consist of a single variety of questions generally.
- One quadratic equation in variable x and another quadratic equation in variable y is given. We have to solve the equations individually to find out the value of x and y.
- After finding the values, we have to choose one option out of the given options which consists of the relationship between both variables.
4. Data Interpretation:
- From this topic, 5-10 questions (1-2 Set/s) is/are expected in the SBI PO Prelims exam.
- Data interpretation questions that are relatively short, should be attempted first like – Ratio, Average type questions.
- Always try to solve 3 out of 5 questions. If 2 questions are lengthy and needed much calculation then just skip it and move forward to other questions.
- If you read and understand the questions carefully, Data Interpretation problems can be solved with little ease.
5. Miscellaneous Questions:
- Always try to attempt these types of questions at last.
- It is better to skip lengthy and confusing questions in the exam.
- You should know the basic rules applied in each chapter.
- Go through the previous year's SBI PO cut-off to know the level of competition and accordingly you can make your study plan.
- Prepare all important Arithmetic topics like Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time Speed and Distance, Time & Work, S.I, C.I, etc.
You can check SBI PO 2022 quantitative Aptitude study materials here:
Expert Tips For SBI PO Prelims Quant Section
- Learning shortcut tricks like remembering squares, cubes, and common fractions to decimals can be of great assistance in solving the questions.
- If there is a chance that an error can occur or it is taking much time, you may leave such questions and spend that precious time solving other types of questions.
- Always keep this note in your mind that the question to time ratio is less than 1 and hence try to attempt at least 25-30 questions in accordance with the time.
- It is advised to devote around 2 hours to the Quant section so that you can attempt maximum questions with accuracy in 20 minutes.
Here we have discussed the tips and tricks to prepare all the important chapters for the SBI PO Prelims Quant section. Also, we have shared all the study notes in one place for your preparation. You can go through the expert tips before starting your preparation.
Related Useful Links:
|SBI PO Prelims Result||SBI PO Exam Analysis|
|SBI PO Cut Off||SBI PO Vacancy|
|SBI PO Application Form||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|
|SBI PO Syllabus PDF||SBI PO Selection process|
|SBI PO Question Papers||SBI PO Salary|
|SBI PO Study Material||SBI PO Practice Set|
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.