CSIR-NET General Aptitude: CSIR NET General Aptitude plays a crucial role to qualify for the exam as it contains 30 marks out of 200. So, to prepare well for Part A, aspirants need to follow some quick and smart preparation strategies. We at BYJU'S Exam Prep have always come up with different and quick study notes to help you practice the concepts during your last-minute preparation for the exam.
Reasoning Ability is one of the scoring sections of the CSIR-NET exam. Due to the pandemic, the exam dates have been rescheduled till July month, as the exam is near and candidates should go through the CSIR-NET Syllabus to ensure which topics are left to prepare for the exam. Practice makes the man perfect and to ensure you get enough questions for practice, we are sharing the top 50 questions of Reasoning Ability for CSIR-NET 2021. We will be providing the answer and solution pdf to cross-check the answers. Scroll down the article below and practice these questions to ace CSIR-NET 2021!
Practice Top 50 Reasoning Questions Here!!!
1. Aman went to North West for 2 km. From there he turns 90° clockwise and moved 2 km. From there he turns 90° clockwise and travelled 2 km then he would be in which direction from the original position.A. Southeast
3. Students of a class are standing in a queue How many students are there in the class when Arpit ranks eighth from the front and 28th from the back.A. 35
4. P is older than Q but younger than R. S is younger than T but older than P. If R is younger than S, who is oldest to all?A. P
5. A class contains 16 students when Amit was shifted by two places towards the left, he became 7th from the left end. What was her earlier position from the right end?A. 7th
6. Sam is older than Ram. Golu is younger than Ram. Pankaj is older than Sam. Who is the youngest of them?A. Pankaj
7. In a queue of boys, if Sam who is 10th from the left and Tom who is 9th from the right interchange their positions, Sam becomes 15th from left. How many boys are there in the row?A. 23
8. Six members are arranged as A is to the left of B but on the right of C. D is on the right of B but is on the left of E, E is to the left of F . Find the members who are at the extreme?A. CF
9. John sits on the right of Sam. Sam sits between Malik and George. Who sits in the extreme right?A. Sam
10. M gets more marks than N but less than O. P gets fewer marks than Q but more than M. If O gets less than P then who amongst M, N, O, P and Q gets the highest marks.A. M
11. If George rank is 23rd out of 46 students, what is her rank from the last?A. 22
12. Six classmates are sitting in a circle. A is to the left of B. C is in between D and E. F is in between A and D. Who is sitting to the right of C?A. D
13. Ram starts from a point and walks 3km towards North, turns towards his right and walks 3km, turns right again and walks. In which direction is he facing now.A. South
14. John walks 5 kms towards west then turns right and walks 3 kms. There-after he takes left turn and walks 2 km. Further, he turns left and walks 3 km. Finally, he turns right and walks 3 kms. In which direction he is now.A. East
15. Rakesh face is towards west, then he turns right and goes 10 m, then turns right and goes 5 m, then goes 5 m to the South and from there 5 m to West. Distance between initial and final place isA. 5 m
B. 6 m
C. 8 m
D. None of the above
16. Arun went 14 metres west, then he turns to his right and went 14 metres and then turns to his left and walks 10 metres. Again, turning to his left, he went 14 metres. The distance between his starting point and his present position is:A. 38 metres
B. 28 metres
C. 24 metres
D. 32 metres
17. Tom travelled from a point A straight to B in east direction, a distance of 12 km. He turned right and travelled 8 km and reached point C. From that point, he took the right turn and travelled 6 km, and reached point D. How far is he away from the starting point?A. 10 km
B. 12 km
C. 13 km
D. 14 km
18. Simran walked 15m towards west, she turned right and walked 10m. Again, she turned right and walked 5m and in the end, she turned left and walked 15m. Which direction is she facing now?A. West
19. If AMAN is written 1214 and ASHA as 1781, how will MANAS be written?A. 21282
20. If B = 25, SUN = 27, then CAR = ?A. 54
21. If ALPHABET is coded as 23452987, the how TEBPHAAL is coded as?A. 78945322
22. 432 means ‘hot and humid’, 257 means ‘cold and cough’, 796 means ‘medicine for cough’. Which numerical stands for ‘cold’.A. 3
23.If V = 5, R = 9, then MAP = ?A. 52
24. If RIGHT is coded as 23-14-12-13-25, then WRONG is coded as?A. 23-28-20-12-19
25. If PEN is coded as ?*& and LIC is coded as ~! @.
So, PENCIL is coded as:
A. ! @ ~?&*
B. ~! @ ?*&
C. ?*& @ !~
D. ?*& @ !$
26. In a certain language:
A) ABC DEF GHI means ‘ram play football’
B) TO GHI RE means ‘football is sport’
C) RE PA THO means ‘sport include cricket’
Which of the following is the code for ‘is’?
27. Following numbers are coded as:
12345678 = ! @ #$%^&*
Which number can be decoded from the following?
28. 2, 5, 11, 23, _____A. 47
29. 13, 18, 28, 43, _____A. 60
30. Find the missing terms
33. Find the missing term of the following series:
A, C, F, __, OA. J
34. 5, 8, 17, 20, 29, ____, 41A. 33
35. 2, 5, 26, ____A. 46
38. Find the missing terms:
39.Find the missing number 51, 17, 3, 42, 14, 3, 30, (), 3.A. 7
40. In a row of 15 children, when Sanju has shifted three places towards the right, he became 8th from the right end. What was his earlier position from the left end of the row?A. 14
41. Alok, Aman, Amar and Arpit are four friends. Alok is shorter than Aman, but taller than Amar, who is shorter than Arpit. Who is the shortest among all?A. Aman
42. If Tom is 12 ahead in the rank of Sam, who ranks 15th from last, then how many students are there in the class if Tom ranks 4th in order of merit?A. 30
43. A is a year older than B. B is two years older than C. D is a year older than C. Who is the youngest of all?A. A
44. Mohan walked 2 kms towards North from his house. Then he took a right turn and covered one kilometre. Then he again took a right turn and walked for 2 kms. In which direction is he facing.A. North
45. Shyam from point A walks 1 km towards south, turns left and walks 1 km. Then he turns left again and walks 1 km. Now he is facing:A. East
46. Robin travelled 15 km towards the east, then turned left and travelled 5 kms, then turned left and travelled 15 kms. How far was Robin from the starting point?A. 30 km
B. 5 km
C. 35 km
D. 15 km
47. Shobhit went 17 km to the east, he turned left and went 15 km, again he turned left and went 17 km. How far is he from the starting point?A. 17 km
B. 2 km
C. 32 km
D. 15 km
48. Sujit walks 6 km towards the north, then turns towards his left and walks for 4 km. He again turns left and walks for 6 km. At this point, he turns to his right and walks for 6 km. How many km and in which direction is he from the starting point?A. 10 km toward West
B. 6 km toward South
C. 4 km toward South
D. 8 km toward West
49. Rahul starts from office and walks 3 kms towards East, turns right and walks 2 kms, turns right again and walks. What is the direction he is now facing?A. South
50. Deepak went 10 kms south and turned right and walked 5 kms. Then again, he turned right and walked 10 kms. Then he turned left and walked 10 kms. How many kms will he have to walk to reach the starting point?A. 15 km
B. 5 km
C. 20 km
D. 25 km
~ Keep Upvote this article and share it among your friends.
→ If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates!!!
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep