What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
In order to provide the various inputs associated with agriculture and related activities and to meet domestic requirements, the government of India on February 24, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Kisan Scheme in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
The following is an overview of the PM Kisan Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Details of Launch
2019 February 24th
Agricultural and Farmers' Welfare Ministerial Department
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Benefit
Rs 6000/- per year
A total of three equal payments
Mode of Payment
Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) transfers funds to farmers' bank accounts
- It receives annual government funding in its entirety as a central sector initiative. Dec 1st, 2018 marked the beginning of the scheme.
- It was later expanded to include all farmers in the country, regardless of the size of their landholdings, starting on June 1, 2019.
- The program gives farmers who own less than two hectares of land a total of Rs. 2,000 in three equal payments to help with their income.
- The Centre gets a list of the farmers who are eligible for the scheme from the state governments and the Union Territory administration.
Objectives of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
By the government of India's central sector plan, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PMKNSY). The government helped many farmers who worked for small and marginal profits by launching this scheme. Initially, this was only for farmers with less than two acres of land, but now all landowners can use it.
- It supports all eligible farmers including their families. Eligible farmers had their own lands.
- In order to help small and marginal farmers get the inputs they need,
- to make sure their crops are healthy and produce the right amount of food, based on how much money they expect to make at the end of each crop cycle.
- to prevent them from falling into moneylenders for the purpose of covering such expenses and to ensure their continued involvement in farming activities in the long run.
Benefits of PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
- Around 14.5 million people are expected to benefit from the PM Kisan scheme.
- One of the best benefits of this scheme is that money can be transferred directly to the farmers.
- Farmers' records are now officially registered on a digital platform.
- The PM-KISAN yojana is a significant step in the government's modernization of agriculture initiatives.
- Farmers no longer have to worry as much about running out of money
Who is eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
The PM Kisan scheme is open to small and marginal farmers and One should be an Indian citizen to get the benefits. Farmers who are eligible for the scheme must submit the following documentation for verification:
- An Aadhaar card
- A citizenship certificate
- Land ownership paperwork
- A bank account number
There are some exceptions to the general rule of eligibility to avail of the scheme.
- Any and all landowners, whether they be public or private.
- Constitutional members of the government, past, and present
- Past, and present, Ministers/State Ministers, Mayors of Municipal CorporationsLegislators who have served or are now serving in the LokSabha, the RajyaSabha, the state legislatures, or the state legislature councils
- District Panchayat Chairs from the past and present
- All Central/State Government Ministries/Offices/Departments members (whether serving or retired)
- No one can take advantage of this offer if they paid income tax in the previous assessment year.
- Individuals whose monthly pension is at least Rs. 10,000/- and who falls into the above-mentioned categories.
- People who are licensed to practice their professions, such as medical doctors, lawyers, Central/State Government Ministries/Offices/Departments, chartered accountants, and architects, and who are members of one or more professional associations.
- Non-agricultural uses of farmland will not be eligible for the program's financial assistance.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi UPSC
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is an important topic for the upcoming IAS Exam as it can also be asked in current affairs. Many questions are usually asked on the topic - of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi in UPSC Prelims and Mains. To answer these types of questions in the UPSC exams, you must be well aware of them.
It’s easy to find the UPSC Syllabus and NCERT books for learning the history of this topic in detail. Applicants must also go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers to practice and revise similar kinds of questions asked.
PM Kisan Mobile App
The National Informatics Centre worked with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to create the PM-KISAN mobile app.
- The PM-KISAN mobile app was created to make it as easy as possible for farmers to access information about the PM-KISAN program.
- Farmers can use the PM-KISAN Mobile App to keep track of their benefits.
- Aadhaar card updates and corrections can be made by farmers, and farmers can also check their bank account balances for a history of credits.