Importance of Circular Arrangement Puzzle in Bank Exams 2022
- In every bank exam, you will come across 3-5 puzzles with varying difficulty levels. Out of which 1-2 will be of circular arrangement type.
- You will eventually build the habit of solving puzzles through pure practice, a problem-solving approach, and comprehension.
- Many students struggle with this section and choose to skip it. But keep in mind that you can't just skip over the full puzzle portion.
- In any case, you must complete 70% of the exam's puzzles in order to pass the exam.
You can practice the most expected syllogism questions asked in Bank exams with the Bank Test Series designed by the experts of BYJU'S Exam Prep.
Blood relation with seating arrangement:
These are types of difficult sitting arrangement questions being asked in the SBI-PO Mains & IBPS PO Mains Exam. An example is shown below:
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H are sitting around a circular table. All are A’s relatives as Brother, Brother-in-law, Sister, Sister-in-law, Mother, Father & Wife.
1. Neither A nor D sits with wife or mother.
2. A’s sister-in-law & sister sit opposite each other.
3. H isn’t a blood relative of A.
4. F sits 3rd to the right of B.
5. Neither F nor H, who sits 2nd to the left of A, is the wife of A.
6. E, the father sits 3rd to the right of brother-in-law.
7. D sits opposite G, a first-generation female, who is not A’s neighbor.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch SBI/IBPS Online Classroom Program
What Exactly Goes Wrong?
Such questions become critical as they are really scoring if solved with the correct strategy. But many people don’t attempt such seating arrangement as they can’t find the starting points and connecting dots for such questions.
Due to the constraint of time, candidates opt not to attempt questions as they can be really time-consuming if not attempted with the correct strategy.
What Is Starting Point & How To Find It?
The starting point is important information in the question which, primarily, tells about the position of specific persons. Usually, the question starts with negative information which doesn’t tell the exact position. Remember, Negative information such as “Neither/Nor.” can only give relative positions so it can never be a starting point.
For example, in the example above, the starting point can be:
1. F sits 3rd to the right of B.
2. H, who sits 2nd to the left of A
Here, we will start with the position of B. This gives us 4 possibilities:
3. E, the father sits 3rd to the right of brother-in-law. ⇒ this creates 2 additional possibilities for 1st and 2nd:
So far, we’ve got 6 possibilities using Starting Points.
Let’s solve using Connecting Dots.
What are Connecting Dots?
Connecting dots are the little pieces of information in the question that tends to provide further arrangement based on the position of people already seated. Connecting dots in the question above:
1. D sits opposite G, a first-generation female, who is not A’s neighbor.
⇒ G is Mother as she belongs to 1st generation. ⇒ This will eliminate 2a) & 4) possibility and the remaining space is allotted to C.
3. No we know the position of Mother, so we’ll use the info connected with Mother.
Neither F nor H is the wife of A. Neither A nor D sit with wife or mother. ⇒ this eliminates possibility 2b)
4. A’s sister-in-law & sister sit opposite each other. ⇒ This eliminates 1a) & 1b) possibilities as only 3) possibility has space for two people opposed to each other without any relation tag.
H isn’t blood relative of A. ⇒ H is sister-in-law & F is sister while B is brother(the only relation left).
Now we have got the sitting arrangement with properly using Starting Points and Connecting the dots.
This can be a bit time-consuming with respect to the amount of time we invest in drawing all the possibilities.
1. But if we practice enough and get the hang of how possibilities are made then such questions can easily be solved within 7-10 minutes.
2. Always remember to make as many possibilities as possible because the accuracy of such questions depends on your ability to imagine the possible positions of various people & striking the correct one in the end after all the conditions have been met.
3. Just keep practicing the possibilities diagram & when you’ll get hang of it, such passages will become easier to solve.
4. Also, try to solve such complicated passages in the last 10-15 minutes after you’ve done all the easy & less time-consuming parts as these passages require un-divided attention which can only be given when we’re not under pressure.
This is an important chapter for the following exams:
Name of the exam
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.