State Bank of India will conduct SBI Clerk Prelims exam in the month of June 2021. For better preparation of this exam, we have already shared a daily study plan. In this article, our primary focus is to explain how you can prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section of SBI Clerk Prelims 2021. Follow these strategies with sincerity to make the most out of the remaining valuable time.
Quantitative Aptitude has always been the most difficult section of the SBI Clerk exam. Most of you may be comfortable in Quant section but we advise you not to be overconfident. Also, this time there is a sectional timing in the SBI Clerk Prelims phase, so you have to prepare carefully to achieve a good score in the Quant Section. Two major things you have to be careful with are:
1. Speed along with the Accuracy: You will be given only 20 minutes to complete 35 questions of this section. To do this, you have to enhance your speed. You have to make sure that whatever question you attempt is correct. 100% accuracy in quant will enhance your marks and save time.
2. Time Management: For this, you have to practice a lot which will help you in analyzing your strong and weak areas. This will also help you manage your time accordingly. From previous year exam analysis, you will get to know about the expected topics for the exam and you can make a strategy to attempt the topics on which you have better command.
Tips to prepare Quantitative Aptitude for SBI Clerk 2021
In the Quantitative Aptitude section of the SBI Clerk Prelims exam, it is essential to prepare the following topics:
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equation)
- Miscellaneous questions (Profit Loss, Average, Simple & Compound Interest, Age, Ratio & Proportion, Time and Speed, etc.)
Let’s understand some important rules/ key things about the below-given topics. It will help you to prepare the topics in an efficient manner.
1. Simplification/ Approximation – Generally set of 5 questions come from this topic. In this, you have to find the value in place of the question mark.
Tips to solve this type of Questions in the exam –
(i) Basic Rules of Simplification – BODMAS Rule
Follow the correct sequence of operators to find the correct value in a given mathematical expression. This means that to simplify an expression, the following order must be followed –
B = Bracket, O = Order (Powers, Square Roots, etc.), D = Division, M = Multiplication, A = Addition, S = Subtraction
(ii) These questions demand good calculation speed with a shortcut approach.
(iii) Learn tables up to 20, squares up to 30 and cubes up to 20 for faster calculation.
(iv) Don't waste time if you get stuck in any complex or large calculation.
(v) Try to build good command on shortcut techniques for multiplication, cubes, squares, cube root, square root, etc.
Approximation – In such questions, you have to find an approximate value which will come in place of the question mark in the questions. The first and foremost rule that you should apply here is the conversion of decimal numbers to the nearest number. This way you will simplify your equation and get an approximate answer.
2. Number Series – You can expect 5 questions from this topic too. In these questions, the series follows a logical rule based on elementary arithmetic. You can be asked to find the missing number in the sequence, the last number of the sequence or a new sequence based on the given pattern. For example:
a. 25, 49, 64, 100, 144, ? Find the last number of the sequence.
b. 1, 3, 8, 26, ?, 532 Find the missing number of the sequence.
c. 1, 8, 27, 64, 125
a, b, c, d, e. Find the value of e.
On the basis of the pattern of the given sequence, you have to find the value.
Tips to solve the number series questions –
(i) Identify the pattern to solve a number series. Some of the basic patterns can be the difference between the numbers, the difference of differences, squares, cubes of numbers, multiplication, divisions, prime numbers. Practising such questions will help you to solve maximum questions.
(ii) Solve various math puzzles like sudoku. It will help you in building the logical path.
3. Data Interpretation: From this topic, 10 questions (2 Sets) are expected in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam. Table Charts, Pie Charts, Line Graph or Bar Graph are the types of Data Interpretation questions which can be asked in SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 Exam.
Tips to solve this type of Question in the exam –
(i) To solve Data interpretation questions, you should have command on topics like, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Ratios, Average, etc. or say the topics which are relatively short or can be attempted easily and quickly.
(ii) 3 out 5 questions will be easy to solve and the 2 questions can be lengthy. So, do not waste your time on those questions and just skip them and move to other questions.
(iii) Carefully read all the instructions of the questions on Data Interpretation as there may be some twists which are hidden and would require attention.
4. Arithmetic Questions: From this topic, 10 questions are expected to come in the exam. It includes Ratio & Proportion, Ages, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Boats & Streams, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, etc.
(i) You just have to strengthen the topics mentioned above. This can be done by practicing them regularly.
(ii) Learn all the basic rules of the topics so as to solve them in a short duration.
Topic-wise expected questions from each topic
(i) 2 Data Interpretation – 10 Questions
(ii) Number Series – 5 Questions
(iii) Quadratic Equation/Inequalities- 5 Questions
(iv) Simplification /Approximation – 5- 10 Questions
(v) Miscellaneous questions – 10 Questions
Important Note – Learning shortcut tricks like remembering squares, cubes and common fractions to decimals can be of great assistance in solving the questions. But, if there is a chance that error can occur or it is taking too much time, you may leave such questions and spend that precious time in solving other types of questions. Always keep this note in your mind that the question to time ratio is less than 1 and hence try to attempt at least 25-30 questions in accordance with the time. It is advised to devote around 2 hours to Quant section so that you can attempt maximum questions with accuracy in 20 minutes.
Thoroughly read the above-mentioned tips to prepare for SBI Clerk exam in an efficient manner. Practice as many mock tests as you can to improve your speed, accuracy and time management.
We have been providing SBI Clerk Mini Mock Tests for quite some time now. Make sure that you attempt them regularly to enhance your exam preparation in a much better way.
To provide maximum benefit to the students, we have launched a new course targetting SBI Clerk. So Gradians, with a proper approach and better guidance, now crack the exam with SBI Clerk 2021: Complete Course (Bilingual). This comprehensive course is available in two languages- English and Hindi.
To start a free trial of this course, click on the link given below:
You can enroll yourself in varieties of other courses and exam preparation by subscribing our Test Series.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.
Best of Luck for the examination!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai