NABARD Grade A Mains 2021 Exam Pattern
Before moving towards the preparation strategy and tips, candidates first need to be fully aware of the exam pattern. Check the below table for a thorough understanding of the NABARD Grade A Mains 2021.
Name of Test
No. of Questions
Paper I (Descriptive Test)
General English: this Paper comprises essay writing, comprehension, report writing, paragraph writing & letter writing.
Paper-II (Specific Stream Paper)
Economic & Social Issues and Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India) - Objective
Paper on related discipline - Descriptive
6 questions will be asked, of which candidates will be required to attempt 4 questions [2 of 15 marks each and 2 of 10 marks each]
Experts Tips to Prepare for NABARD Grade A Phase 2 Exam
As already provided in the above table, the main phase of NABARD Grade A comprises 2 papers. Paper 1 consists of English descriptive writing. Paper 2 consists of 3 parts i.e Economic and Social Issues, English (Writing Skills), and Agriculture & Rural Development and related discipline paper.
1. Agriculture & Rural Development
- The important chapters included in this section are agriculture, water conservation, animal husbandry, fisheries and forestry, the present scenario of agriculture and allied activities, and rural development.
- Keep up to date with current on the latest technologies in agriculture, fisheries and water scarcity challenges, farmer issues, and novel farming practices.
- Agricultural and rural development schemes are critical. It is critical to understand the entire forms of schemes such as PMFBY, PMKSY, PMKKKY, and others.
- Static questions are primarily asked in the agriculture section of ARD, with little in the rural development section.
- Cover all ARD-related current events from the previous year. The CA questions are based on facts and data from recent schemes and initiatives. We recommend that you pay equal attention to the dynamic and current affairs sections of ARD.
- Read Kurukshetra magazine, economic survey of India and Union budget 2021.
2. Economic and Social Issues:
- This paper can be divided into two parts: - Static and Dynamic.
- Basic fundamental topics such as Bank Rates, FEMA, NPAs, fiscal deficit, revenue deficit, budget, inflation, and so on are included in the static. The dynamic portion comprises current-events-based questions.
- For beginners, we recommend reading NCERT economics books from classes 11 and 12. Then concentrate on the Economic Survey and the Budget.
- You don't need to read a book to learn about social issues; simply search in the internet for the necessary topic stated in the syllabus and read the relevant reports/surveys.
- Also, look up and read the SECC 2011 summary. There are 1-2 questions from this every year.
How to prepare Descriptive Writing Test for NABARD Grade A 2021?
It all comes down to how well you arrange and explain your thoughts about a certain topic in descriptive writing. It demands a lot of creativity as well as outstanding writing skills. Both of these qualities are crucial since, when combined, they will help you present a powerful essay. Only collecting your thoughts on a subject can help you if you are unable to articulate them properly. Similarly, excellent writing abilities are meaningless if you are unable to generate new and relevant ideas for the essay topic.
Daily Reading Habit:
- Read the newspaper, editorials, publications, and news every day.
- Reading the newspaper will not only increase your general awareness, but it will also provide you with ideas for how to become more detailed and instructive.
- Practice writing an essay or a summary in your own words. Make a word count goal for yourself.
- It is recommended that you complete this activity online, rather than on paper, by typing on your computer.
Try writing at least one article daily:
- Choose at least one topic from the current news on a daily basis.
- Try to write the news/topic in your own words within the time limit.
- After you've completed writing it, you might want to look for more essays on the subject to get more ideas.
Give Attention to the Following Things:
- Make sure you read the directions in the question as well as the word limit before you begin writing your essay.
- Select a topic that you are knowledgeable about. You should be knowledgeable about the topic of the essay you're about to give.
- Try to include at least 3-4 paragraphs in your essay.
(a) The introduction should be the first paragraph, in which you discuss the topic in general.
(b) The body of the essay should be divided into at least two paragraphs.
(c) The last paragraph should be the conclusion.
When writing, always try to keep inside the word limit. For both the essay and the precis, do not exceed the word limit. This could lead to poor exam results. Improve your writing and reading abilities to give the best presentation possible.
So this is all about the best strategy to crack NABARD Grade A 2021 Mains exam. We have discussed section-wise preparation strategy with important tips and strategies. You are suggested to read the complete article.
Other Important Links:
Why BYJU's Exam Prep Test Series?
- Latest Pattern Test Series With Detailed Analysis
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
To help your prepare for NABARD Grade A-Main 2021, we have launched a specific course.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.