GATE 2020 exam schedule announced for all branches. The organizing institute Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D) has released the schedule for GATE 2020 for all the 24 Papers on 28th November 2019. GATE 2020 will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers and it would be distributed over 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th of February 2020.
GATE Exam Schedule 2020 & Dates
|Paper(s)||Date & Day||Shift Timing|
|IN, ME1, MT, PE, PH||01 Feb 2020 (Sat.)||09:30 – 12:30 hrs (Forenoon Session)|
|CY, ME2, PI||01 Feb 2020 (Sat.)||14:30 – 17:30 hrs (Afternoon Session)|
|AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL||02 Feb 2020 (Sun)||09:30 – 12:30 hrs (Forenoon Session)|
|AE, AG, EC, GG||02 Feb 2020 (Sun)||14:30 – 17:30 hrs (Afternoon Session)|
|EE, EY, TF||08 Feb 2020 (Sat)||09:30 – 12:30 hrs (Forenoon Session)|
|CS||08 Feb 2020 (Sat)||14:30 – 17:30 hrs (Afternoon Session)|
|CE1||9 Feb 2020 (Sun)||09:30 – 12:30 hrs (Forenoon Session)|
|CE2||9 Feb 2020 (Sun)||14:30 – 17:30 hrs (Afternoon Session)|
The GATE 2020 examination centers are spread in different cities across India, as well as, at six cities abroad and it would purely be a Computer Based Test (CBT). The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject.
- GATE 2020 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
- Call for admissions to M.Tech./Ph.D. will be advertised separately by the respective institutions and GATE committee is not responsible for the admission process.
- A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE examination.
- The announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal - 16th March 2020 (Saturday).
Use of GATE score for Employment
- In the past, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are - BHEL, IOCL, NTPC, NPCIL, ONGC, PGCIL and many more.
- Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers/Employment News by the concerned authority.
- Some other Governments of India Organizations have also expressed their interest to utilize GATE 2020 score for their recruitment purpose.
Candidates can attempt the FREE Mock for GATE 2020 from the following Branchwise Test SeriesS:
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!