Vector Analysis is a part of mathematics that deals with quantities having both direction and magnitude. Vector analysis MCQs for GATE ECE are very important, and every year few questions are asked from this portion. Aspiring GATE candidates should prepare vector analysis notes for GATE ECE and revise before the GATE exam’s commencement. There are currently many online exam preparation platforms where a candidate will get a vector analysis study material for GATE ECE. For better revision, try to appear in a vector analysis online quiz from a trusted exam preparation platform.
Important Vector Analysis Topics for GATE ECE
The magnitude is zero in a zero vector, and the vector’s starting-point coincides with the terminal point.
A unit vector has a magnitude of unit length.
Position vector means the position of a point in a three-dimensional Cartesian system with original reference.
The same starting point vectors are called co-initial vectors.
Like and Unlike Vectors
Same direction vectors are called like vectors, and opposite direction vectors are called unlike vectors.
When three or more similar vectors lie in parallel to the same plane, they are called coplanar vectors.
Vectors lying on parallel lines are called collinear vector.
Vectors whose magnitude and directions are equal are called equal vectors.
When the position of the vector is displaced, it is called a displacement vector.
Negative of a Vector
If two vectors’ magnitudes are the same, but directions are opposite, it is called the negative of a vector.
Tips to Solve/Prepare Vector Analysis Questions
- In the examination hall, do not just read the question; try to present it in a diagram for committing fewer mistakes.
- Practice a few of the previous year’s vector analysis GATE questions to get familiar with vector analysis questions.
- Consistent vector analysis quiz revision is a must to excel in this part.
- The various formulas of vector analysis should be at your fingertips.
Importance of Vector Analysis Syllabus for GATE Exam
- In the GATE exam, vector analysis MCQ questions help a candidate score marks in both Geometry and Mathematics.
- The formulas of vector analysis are used extensively in Physics to describe gravitational fields and electromagnetic fields.
- The study of vector analysis for computer science students is highly beneficial as the vector analysis formula helps them solve probability questions.
- The vector analysis GATE syllabus helps a GATE aspirant solve questions from Mathematics, Geometry, Statistics, and Physics sections.
Most Recommended Vector Analysis Books
To prepare vector analysis GATE notes, you must keep a few recommended books with you. These vector analysis books will be helpful to boost your preparation.
Problems and Worked Solutions in Vector Analysis
A History of Vector Analysis
Michael J. Crowe
Introduction to Vector Analysis
Advanced Vector Analysis
Why Prepare Vector Analysis from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeup is India’s largest online exam preparation platform. BYJU'S Exam Prep offers all the study materials for the aspirants appearing in any competitive exam or entrance exams. In BYJU'S Exam Prep you will easily find the entire vector analysis syllabus for GATE. The experienced faculties of BYJU'S Exam Prep prepare vector analysis GATE questions and answers PDF for the GATE aspirants. BYJU'S Exam Prep also conducts live interaction classes between faculty members and students of all the courses. Students can find vector analysis MCQs, daily quizzes, Study notes PDF GATE ECE that are available on BYJU'S Exam Prep to score high marks in GATE.
Q. What is the use of vector analysis?
Vector analysis is used broadly in engineering, mathematics, and physics to describe gravitational fields and electromagnetic fields, etc.
Q. Who is known as the father of vector analysis formulas?
Josiah Willard Gibbs and Oliver Heaviside were known as the fathers of vector analysis formulas.
Q. What do you mean by a free vector?
Free vector has neither a line nor a point. Although it has a fixed direction and fixed magnitude, it can move around the space freely.
Q. When do we use vector algebra?
We use vector algebra as a means to introduce curl and divergence of vectors.
Q. Can we say a current is a vector?
Electric current is not a vector. Electric current has scalar quantity. Any type of physical quantity can be referred to as a vector quantity.