Discrete-time signals refers to the part of the sequence of quantities of the time series. It also means the sequence of numbers: x D fxŒnНg; 1 <n< 1: Where, n is an integer, and xŒnН is the nth sample in the sequence. A discrete-time signal arises from the sample of continuous time series. Discrete-time series questions are asked in various competitive exams like GATE, ISRO, and JEE.
Discrete-time signals GATE questions are simple to solve and easy to understand. The best way to prepare for this topic is by solving the Discrete-time signals quiz regularly as it will help you get acclimatized with the paper pattern and help develop time-management skills. Now let us do an in-depth study of Discrete-time signals for GATE ECE.
Important Discrete-time signals Topics for GATE ECE
While conceiving the Discrete-time signals, it's pervasive to focus on the cardinal topics to clear GATE exams in one go. Here is the rundown of some vital Discrete-time signals topics for GATE ECE.
Discrete-Time Fourier Transform (DTFT)
It refers to Fourier analysis to the sequence of values to build a frequency that involves the periodic summation of Fourier.
Here, the candidate gets expected to compute the z-transform of the discrete-time signal and analyse the signal in the frequency domain.
Interpolation of Discrete-time signals
It is the tool used in the application of digital signal processing with discrete-time samples of signal amplitude.
Tips to Solve Discrete-time signals Questions
- The foremost step is to comprehend the Discrete-time signals GATE syllabus as few topics change every year. After that, prepare a well-structured study pan.
- Purchase the most recommended books. Use one book to prepare notes and other books to resolve doubts and for references.
- Analyse and evaluate each topic in detail. Once you complete, test your understanding by solving Discrete-time signals MCQ questions.
- Make Discrete-time signals MCQ pdf so you can refer to those questions again before the exam. If possible, design some flashcards for quick revision and retrieval.
Importance of Discrete-time signals in GATE Exams
- It holds a significant weightage in GATE Exams. Every year 5-6 mark questions get asked from this section. It helps to amplify the overall percentage.
- This section tests your knowledge and measures your understanding of the subject matter.
- It examines your way of approaching and solving problems in real-life situations.
- It checks your critical thinking skills and evaluates your proactiveness to think independently and make decisions.
Most Recommended Books for Discrete-time signals
Each Discrete-time signals book is recommended by topper based on their popularity and usage. These books will boost your preparation and contains detailed Discrete-time signals study material for GATE ECE.
Signals and Systems
Alan V. Oppenhiem, S. Hamid Nawab
Signals and Systems
A. Anand Kumar
Signals and Systems
Simon Haykin and Barry Van Veen
Why prepare Discrete-time signals from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is a competitive examination preparation platform that believe in collaboration to learn. It has built a friendly community that allows students, by and large, to settle each other's problems and intuitively learn and rival each other through tests and mock exams. It gives them admittance to prepare material and solve past years papers to score better in their exams. It orchestrates Discrete-time signals online quizzes for GATE ECE and helps in solving GATE ECE Discrete-time signals MCQ questions with ease. It follows the way of thinking that together everybody can accomplish more. Consequently, it has curated and sustained a profoundly captivating network of students and teachers. It also provides you with Discrete-time signals online tests, Discrete-time signals GATE questions and answers pdf and study from Discrete-time signals for computer science notes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How do you convert a continuous-time signal to a discrete-time signal?
You can convert a continuous-time signal to a discrete-time signal using these 3 steps:
Q. Can I download Discrete-time signals notes for ECE?
Yes, you can get Discrete-time signals notes for GATE pdf online. BYJU'S Exam Prep also proffers high-quality and verified Discrete-time signals GATE notes designed by eminent experts and toppers.
Q. From where I can check the latest Discrete-time signals GATE syllabus?
You check the Discrete-time signals syllabus for GATE on the official website. You can refer to BYJU'S Exam Prep to get the latest GATE syllabus and Discrete-time signals GATE questions and answers pdf for free.
Q. Is age continuous or discrete?
Age gets measured in units or numbers. Like 5 years old or 22.3 years old that is infinitely accurate. Hence, age is continuous, not discrete
Q. How to differentiate between continuous-time and discrete-time signals?
If the signal gets defined over a continuum of the independent variable, it gets termed continuous-time signals. Whereas, if any variable has discrete values, it gets called discrete-time signals.