For any candidate who is writing the GATE ECE examination, is aware of the importance that FET and MOSFET mcq questions and the questions of circuits analysis and applications of diodes hold in it. Besides forming the staple for any student who opts for the ECE discipline in their engineering curriculum, a deep and structured understanding of the various concepts that are associated with the concepts of circuit analysis and application of diodes, BJT, FET, and MOSFET is important for anyone who wishes to fare well in competitive examinations that are aimed at testing the STEM concepts of an applicant such as NIELIT, SSC JE, and the kind.
Important FET and MOSFET topics for GATE ECE
The following FET and MOSFET topics for GATE ECE are the ones that form an important part of the FET and MOSFET GATE syllabus
It is a semiconductor device that is utilised to either switch electronic signals and electric power or to amplify them. It is responsible for carrying out a transfer of resistance.
Field effect is defined as the modulation of the electrical conductivity of a material that is determined by the application of an external electric field.
It is a two-terminal electronic element that carries out the conduction of current primarily in a single direction.
Electrical components that do not generate power but instead are concerned with releasing, dissipating, and storing it are referred to as passive elements in an electrical circuit. They include capacitors, inductors, and resistances.
Electrical components that are concerned and are capable of generating electrical energy are referred to as active elements in an electrical circuit. Transistors and generators are common examples of active elements.
Tips to solve FET and MOSFET questions for GATE
Listed below are a set of tips and tricks that can prove to be extremely beneficial for students while attempting FET and MOSFET for computer science and ECE in GATE as well as other technical examinations.
- Always apply Kirchoff’s Current Law and Kirchoff's Voltage Law while solving problems revolving around circuit analysis.
- Before you proceed with attempting to evaluate an electrical circuit, identify its voltage and the type of resistance that is associated with it at the outset.
- While solving transistor circuit problems, get into the practice of noting down the knowns and the unknowns in separate columns to gain better clarity with respect to the problem statement in question.
- Adopt a segmented approach while solving complex circuits. Evaluate smaller segments of the circuit in sequence rather than attempting to evaluate the entire circuit at once.
Importance of FET and MOSFET in GATE:
The following points shed light on the importance that FETs and MOSFETs carry in the GATE as well as other similar entrance examinations.
- A thorough understanding of the various concepts and topics associated with circuit analysis and FETs and MOSFETs gives you an edge over your competitors while attempting the GATE ECE paper.
- Circuit analysis is important for it gives you the ability to evaluate, design, as well as synthesize the performance of a particular circuit or network.
- Familiarity with the concepts of circuit analysis and transistors helps you solve problems in domains other than electrical networks such as VLSI and Analog Electronics.
- It helps you save on time while attempting complicated problems in the paper.
Most recommended books for FET and MOSFET for GATE ECE
The following FET and MOSFET books are among the ones that are most recommended to students who are attempting a FET and MOSFET online test or a FET and MOSFET online quiz. They comprehensively cover all the topics that are included in the FET and MOSFET syllabus for GATE and act as the perfect resource for compiling FET and MOSFET GATE notes.
Author/ Publishing House
Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications (Edition 6)
Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith
Fundamentals of Electric Circuits (Edition 5)
Charles K. Alexander, Matthew N. O. Sadiku
Semiconductor Physics and Devices (Edition 4)
Donald A. Neaman, Dhrubes Biswas
Circuit Theory: Analysis & Synthesis (Edition 6)
Why prepare FET and MOSFET from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Gradeups’s comprehensive bank of FET and MOSFET notes for GATE pdf coupled with its FET and MOSFET questions and answers pdf helps candidates gain an in-depth understanding of all the various concepts that are entailed under this particular topic. Irrespective of whether a candidate is looking for BJT, FET and MOSFET notes for gate ECE, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and CSE or FET and MOSFET study material for gate ECE and all the various branches, BYJU'S Exam Prep acts as a one-stop solution for them and furnishes them with additional practice material with its FET and MOSFET MCQ pdf.
Quest. How do you find nodes in a circuit?
Answer: A node is a point of connection between two or more branches that is usually indicated by a dot in a circuit.
Q. What are the 3 components of a circuit?
Answer: A conductive path, a source of electrical power, and a load that requires electrical power
Q. How many types of MOSFETs are there?
Answer: There are 4 types of MOSFETs in all
Q. What is pinch- off voltage?
Answer: It refers to the threshold voltage below which the transistor turns off
Q. Which parameter of a transistor varies with temperature?
Answer: Reverse saturation current, trans-conductance, and current gains.