CUET Geography Syllabus 2022
The CUET Geography syllabus is divided into two major parts of five units each. Each of these two sections is composed of several sub-sections that are nearly equally important in the paper. All of the units are interconnected in some way. Each of these topics should be studied sequentially so that the student understands them completely and effectively. For CUET candidates should prepare for each of these sections with equal diligence and attention.
CUET Geography Syllabus PDF
Visit the official website to download the CUET Geography Syllabus PDF. However, this may appear to be a difficult task. Rather, you can download the syllabus quickly and easily by clicking on the direct link provided below.
Download CUET Geography Syllabus PDF
CUET Geography Syllabus Unit-wise
The syllabus is broken down into sections here. The CUET Geography Syllabus can be difficult to understand if the topic list is not broken down by section. We will go over the CUET syllabus for geography as well as the topics listed in the table below.
Fundamentals of Human Geography
Unit I: Human Geography: Nature and Scope
Unit II: People
• Population of the world – distribution, density, and growth; • Population change-spatial patterns and structure; determinants of population change; • Age-sex ratio; rural-urban composition; • Human development – concept; selected indicators, international comparisons.
Unit III: Human Activities
• Primary activities – concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agriculture and allied activities – some examples from selected countries; • Secondary activities – concept; manufacturing: agro-processing, household, small scale, large scale; people engaged in secondary activities – some examples from selected countries; • Tertiary activities – concept; trade, transport, and communication; services; people engaged in tertiary activities – some examples from selected countries; • Quaternary activities – concept; knowledge-based industries; people engaged in quaternary activities – some examples from selected countries.
Unit IV: Transport, Communication, and Trade
• Land transport – roads, railways – rail network; trans-continental railways; • Water transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes; • Air transport – Intercontinental air routes; • Oil and gas pipelines; • Satellite communication and cyberspace; • International trade – Basis and changing patterns; ports as gateways of international trade, the role of WTO in International trade.
Unit V: Human Settlements
• Settlement types – rural and urban; morphology of cities (case study); distribution of megacities; problems of human settlements in developing countries.
India: People and Economy
Unit I: People
Population: distribution, density, and growth; composition of the population - linguistic, religious; sex, rural-urban and occupational - regional variations in the growth of population; • Migration: international, national – causes and consequences; • Human development – selected indicators and regional patterns; • Population, environment, and development.
Unit II: Human Settlement
• Rural settlements – types and distribution; • Urban settlements – types, distribution, and functional classification.
Unit III: Resources and Development
• Land resources – general land use; agricultural land use – major crops; agricultural development and problems, common property resources; • Water resources – availability and utilization – irrigation, domestic, industrial, and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods – rainwater harvesting and watershed management (one case study related with participatory watershed management to be introduced); • Mineral and energy resources – metallic and non-metallic minerals and their distribution; conventional and non-conventional energy sources; • Industries – types and distribution; industrial location and clustering; changing pattern of selected industries – iron and steel, cotton textiles, sugar, petrochemicals, and knowledge-based industries; the impact of liberalization, privatization, and globalization on industrial location; • Planning in India – target area planning (case study); the idea of sustainable development (case study)
Unit IV: Transport, Communication, and International Trade
• Transport and communication — roads, railways, waterways, and airways; oil and gas pipelines; national electric grids; communication networkings – radio, television, satellite, and internet; • International trade — changing pattern of India’s foreign trade; seaports and their hinterland and airports
Unit V: Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
• Environmental pollution; urban-waste disposal; • Urbanisation-rural-urban migration; the problem of slums; • Land Degradation.
How to Prepare CUET Geography Syllabus 2022
Students must follow the CUET Preparation Tips to ace the Geography subject. The following preparation tips and tricks will help you stand out from the crowd and outperform your competitors.
- You should develop and stick to a Preparation Strategy. It is critical to developing a study plan before beginning exam preparation. Candidates must plan ahead of time and devote sufficient time to each subject. To make the preparation manageable, they must set attainable goals.
- Also, thoroughly and correctly analyze the exam syllabus. Candidates taking the entrance exam must be familiar with the entire CUET Geography syllabus.
- Please practice, practice, practice, but in the right direction. Practice is essential for a high score on the CUET 2022 Geography exam. Candidates must complete as many sample papers, mock tests, and question papers from previous years as possible.
CUET Books for Geography Syllabus
When it comes to passing the CUET exam, CUET books are crucial. Students are advised to prepare curated notebooks in which they can write, learn, and revise their book learnings in addition to these reputable and extremely useful books.
- NCERT Fundamentals of Human Geography
- NCERT India People and Economy
Commentswrite a comment