CUET Economics Syllabus 2022
CUET Economics Syllabus consists of a total of 2 broad units. Amongst these 2 units, each of the sections consists of several sub-sections which are of almost equal importance in the paper. They are introductory macroeconomics and Indian economic development. All of the units are linked to one another in some way. A student should study each of these topics in the economics syllabus of CUET in order to grasp them completely and effectively. A candidate should devote the same amount of time and effort to each of these sections.
CUET Economics Syllabus PDF
Visit the official website to download the CUET Economics Syllabus PDF. However, this may appear to be a difficult task. Rather, you can download the syllabus quickly and easily by clicking on the direct link provided below.
CUET Economics Syllabus Unit-wise
If the topic list is not broken down by section, the CUET Economics Syllabus can be difficult to understand. The CUET syllabus for economics includes important topics like microeconomics, macroeconomics, etc are listed in the table below.
Unit I: Introduction to Microeconomics
• What is microeconomics? • Central problems
Unit II: Consumer Behaviour and Demand
• Consumer’s Equilibrium: meaning and attainment of equilibrium through Utility Approach: One and two commodity cases. • Demand: market demand, determinants of demand, demand schedule, demand curve, movement along and shifts in the demand curve, price elasticity of demand, measurement of price elasticity of demand – percentage, total expenditure, and geometric methods
Unit III: National Income and Related Aggregates — Basic Concepts and Measurement
Macroeconomics: meaning. • Circular flow of income, concepts of GDP, GNP, NDP, NNP (at market price and factor cost). • Measurement of National Income –Value Added method, Income method, and Expenditure method.
Unit IV: Determination of Income and Employment
Unit V: Money and Banking
Unit VI: Government Budget and the Economy
Unit VII: Balance of Payments
• Foreign exchange rate – meaning (fixed and flexible), merits and demerits; determination through demand and supply • Balance of payments accounts – meaning and components • A brief analysis of recent exchange rate issues
Indian Economic Development
Unit VIII: Development Experience (1947-90) and Economic Reforms since 1991
Unit IX: Current challenges facing the Indian Economy
Poverty – absolute and relative; Main programs for poverty alleviation: A critical assessment; Human Capital Formation – How many people become resource; Role of human capital in economic development; Rural development: Key issues – credit and marketing – the role of cooperatives; agricultural diversification; Employment: Growth and changes in the workforce participation rate in formal and informal sectors; problems and policies Infrastructure: Meaning and Types: Cases Studies: Health: Problems and Policies – A critical assessment; Sustainable Economic Development: Meaning, Effects of Economic Development on Resources and Environment, including global warming
Unit X: Development Experience in India
A comparison with neighbors · India and Pakistan · India and China · Issues: economic growth, population, sectoral development, and other Human Development Indicators
CUET Economics Preparation Tips
CUET Economics study guides and methods are general guidelines and methods that students must follow in order to pass this exam. We'll go over four key CUET preparation tips in the following text that any student, regardless of domain subject, should follow to ensure a successful exam performance, Practice, Practice,
- Practice, but in the right direction. Practice is essential for a high score on the CUET 2022 exam. Candidates must complete as many sample papers, mock tests, and question papers from previous years as possible.
- Analyze the exam syllabus completely and correctly. Candidates taking the entrance exam must be familiar with the entire CUET Economics syllabus.
- Create and stick to a Preparation Strategy. Before beginning exam preparation, it is critical to develop a study plan. Candidates must plan ahead of time and devote sufficient time to each subject. To make the preparation manageable, they must set attainable goals.
- Revision is the key to long-term success. Extensive revision is required for exam preparation. Candidates should plan on revising for at least 2-3 weeks.
Best Books to Cover CUET Economics Syllabus
When it comes to passing the CUET exam, CUET books are extremely important. In addition to these reputable and extremely useful books, students are advised to prepare curated notebooks in which they can write, learn, and revise their book learnings.
- NCERT Class 11 Economics Textbook Part I
- NCERT Class 11 Economics Textbook Part II
- NCERT Class 12 Economics Textbook Part I
- NCERT Class 12 Economics Textbook Part II
- Microeconomics and Macro Economics by Sandeep Garg