ICMR will conduct a National level examination on Sunday, September 12, 2021, for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of JRF through ICMR. In this manner, to crack this prestigious exam, applicants should make an arrangement and plan to get ready for the test. Here, you can find a few tips and suggestions to pace up your preparation.
1. Start As Soon As Possible
This exam is considered one of the toughest exams and offers very few fellowships for the right candidates. Therefore, it is crucial to start your preparation at least 4 months before the date of the ICMR JRF exam. Check and download ICMR JRF Syllabus 2021 to get started
2. Keep Solving and Analyzing Tests
The aspirants should solve full-length mock test papers, previous years papers of ICMR JRF to understand what to expect from ICMR JRF clearly. It will help to assess your performance and also makes you confident for the ICMR-JRF exam. You can easily find out in which areas you need more time & preparation. Students can attempt Daily quizzes, Previous year papers on the BYJU'S Exam Prep app. You can also go for BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series, in which you will get 1 free mock test for Life Science.
3. ICMR JRF Preparation Books
Students must clear their concepts with the help of good reference books and updated study material so as not to face hurdles during the exam. The questions in ICMR JRF are structured in a way to bring out your understanding and basic knowledge of Biotechnology. Therefore, try to be more concise and precise over concepts and basic knowledge rather than running on the path of blind learning and study everything.
Also, Check the Best Books for ICMR-JRF Exam
4. Make A Comprehensive Study Plan
Aspirants need to follow the study plan and design it in such a way as to solve at least 1 mock test/previous year paper a day to increase the understanding of concepts. You can take reference from the ICMR JRF 2021 Study Plan for 2 Months, similarly, you can make a study plan as the regular dose of revision matters a lot more than any other thing during the preparation time.
Check the ICMR JRF exam pattern to understand all the sections that need to be covered.
It would help if you revised all the topics you have studied during this entire preparation course. At many points, you will find that remembering all the things simultaneously becomes hard; make short keyword-based notes and map notes to quickly revise all points. Keep on appearing for mock tests regularly.
5. Time Management
In the ICMR-JRF exam, you will be allowed 2 hours of exam time in which you need to attempt 50 (compulsory) + 75 out of 100 questions. So make a habit of managing time by practising more & more questions. There will be a negative marking 25% for each wrong answer.
6. Do Not Try New Topic During Last-Minute
Students should not study any new topic during the last weeks. It may bring unnecessary anxiety and can disturb your overall preparation. You should instead keep on practising the previous topics and solve mock test papers. Studying more or Study All is not at all required for this exam. If you have not studied these topics previously, do not give it a try instead a regular revision of the topics that you have studied is the key to success.
7. Always Make Notes for Formulas and Important Concepts
Make a habit of writing all the important experimental questions, concepts, constants separately in a short note to keep them revising as one go. This will help you to revise quickly during last-minute preparations.
8. Add Exercise/Yoga, Meditation and Power Nap in Your Study Plan
- As you must have heard – a healthy mind lives in a healthy body but being a Biology student you must also understand the reverse is also true “only a healthy mind can have a healthy body.” Just maintain the calmness of your brain by taking small breaks from your study schedule, you can start with basics like PRANAYAM, MEDITATION and YOGA etc.
- During the last minute preparation days Avoid late-night food just respect the Circadian Rhythm of the body “sleep at night work in a day”.
- You may include two short power nap after every 5 – 6 hours of continuous study.
- Always avoid alcohol/cigarette / excessive caffeine consumption as it can directly disturb your brain.
9. Take Help and Ask the Expert
- You must take help from those genuine friends who have qualified for this exam in the past to motivate yourself and also it will help you get some amazing tips. You can also subscribe to our Youtube channel here to watch the videos of expert faculty.
- You can have a chat discussion on this channel to ask your doubts or queries related to this exam.
- Develop a positive attitude in life to achieve any competitive exam. Never think negative like this exam is the last hope in Life. Don’t worry you will have a brighter life ahead this is just a milestone.