Preparation Strategy to Clear DSSSB PGT, TGT & PRT 2022 Paper in First Attempt
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) conducts this examination for selecting suitable candidates for the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGT), Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), and Primary Teachers (PRT) across various government schools in Delhi under the department of Directorate of Education of Government.
For beginners, the basic and most important tip to clear DSSSB 2022 exam, or for that matter any examination, is to have a basic understanding of the exam like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. One should be well aware of these exam details for efficient preparation of the DSSSB exam and to crack it on the 1st attempt. So in line with the above understanding, let us take a quick peek at the basic information about DSSSB Examination.
1. DSSSB Eligibility Criteria for PGT, TGT & PRT:
- As per the official notification, the minimum qualification required to appear for the DSSSB exam is graduation from a recognized university and a degree/diploma in teaching. You can check the complete eligibility criteria for DSSSB PGT, TGT & PRT exams. This will help you better understand the educational qualification required to fill out the CTET exam form.
2. Know the DSSSB Exam Pattern:
- The DSSSB exam pattern and syllabus vary as per the posts. The DSSSB exam comprises objective multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability, Arithmetical & Numerical Ability, Hindi, English, and subject-related paper.
- The total marks are 200 for TGT and PRT and get 2 Hours to solve the MCQs questions. For PGT, the total marks are 300, You get 3 hours to answers the MCQ questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks, and the question paper will be bilingual.
3. Know About DSSSB Syllabus:
- To start your preparation, you must know about the list of important topics to prepare for the exam. Thereafter, you can plan your timetable and prepare accordingly. By knowing the syllabus, you will be a leap forward in the preparation journey.
- The syllabus of DSSSB will have topics up to graduation level.
- General Awareness: The questions will be designed to test knowledge of Current Events and such matters of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability: It includes both verbal and non-verbal types of questions e.g., Analogy, Missing Series, Blood Relation, Alpha-numeric series, Ranking & Direction, etc. This is to test the candidate’s ability at skills such as how to interpret patterns, number sequences, or the relationships between shapes.
- Numerical Ability: The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities is designed to examine a candidate's abstract reasoning ability.
- Language (Hindi & English): Aspirants will be tested on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
- Subject Concerned: The question will be asked from concerned subjects. The concerned subject is different for each subject as per the qualification prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the post.
- Candidates can check the detailed syllabus of the DSSSB exam shared by us earlier to know the topic-wise expected number of questions from different sections for better preparation for this exam.
4. DSSSB Previous Year Question Papers:
- Solving the previous year's papers is the best way to get familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty level.
- Make a list of frequently asked topics in all the sections and prepare them well.
- Each year the difficulty level of the exam increase, so prepare accordingly.
5. Strengthen Your Weak Areas:
- Prepare the list of topics you need to work on.
- Based on your knowledge, decide the order of preference, those topics that you need to devote maximum time, etc.
- Work on your weak areas and treat them as a challenge.
- Set a goal to attempt the maximum number of questions with 90% accuracy in a minimum time period.
6. Revise Daily:
- Once you finish studying for the examination, make sure that you revise the topics after studying the topics. Revising the topics after studying will help you in memorizing the topics more effortlessly. It will help you to memorize the topics easily and keep them in mind while appearing for the examination.
7. Practice Mock:
- Practice Mocks regularly to analyze your preparation level. Give a full-length mock daily, go through its solutions, recognize your weak areas and work on them. Giving mock daily will also make you familiar with the latest questions.
8. Follow a Proper Study Plan with a Subject-wise Strategy
- Make a timetable or study plan for yourself to follow daily. You are the best person to know your weaker points and areas you need to work on. Divide your time accordingly and make sure to study each subject daily to maintain consistency.
- You can follow the DSSSB 2022 Study Plan.
8. Formulate the DSSSB Exam Strategy:
- After following points 1-8, it's time to formulate your exam strategy.
- Make a list of topics that you should attempt first. Also, don't waste much time on a particular question.
- We will be providing you with the essential tips to keep in mind while writing the exam.
- Nevertheless, it is a student who knows about his preparation in the best possible way, and hence it should be his task entirely to execute the strategies that are provided by us.
Subject-wise Preparation Strategy
- Language Section(English & Hindi): To score well in this section, you should develop a good reading habit. This will help you in solving reading comprehension. Build a habit of reading a good newspaper or article daily. This will also boost your vocabulary. Try to practice from each topic daily to acquire proficiency in these sections. Analyze your attempt after practising it and do not repeat the same mistake during the exam.
- Reasoning Ability Section: Many of you have a good command of this section. This section is considered as one of the scoring sections in the exam. You can attempt as well as score high in this section if you manage to answer maximum questions with 100% accuracy. Before approaching this section, always make sure that don't waste your time in attempting lengthy and confusing questions. Just attempt all the easy questions first and then move to the next section.
- Numerical Ability Section: Numerical ability is the most scoring section in the exams, only if prepared well. Do not start the quant section with those questions which are lengthy or involve too many calculations. It is always a good idea to attempt the numerical section from easy to difficult. Practice as much as you can. Work on your calculation speed. Learn all the short tricks required for fast calculation.
- General Awareness: Aspirants must go through the last six-month current affairs, along with that important awards, important books & authors, places in the news, national schemes, etc. must be studied. For General Science, aspirants must go through the basic questions of Physics, Chemistry & Biology. For Social Studies, first, cover Geography topics as it is easy to learn. Aspirants should attempt questions wisely which are easy and less time-taking.
- Subject Concerned: The last section of the concerned subject will have questions based on the expertise for which you are applying. You have to prepare the topics based on your field to ace this section. Since this section has the major weightage, more time investment should be done here.
In the table provided below, we are listing out some important topics that are very crucial from the exam point of view.
|English Language||Hindi Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||General Awareness|
|अपठित गद्यांश और पद्यांश||Number Systems, Fractions & Simplification||Analogies||Sports|
संधि / समास
Time & Work, Distance, Average
Similarities - Differences
|Art & Culture|
|उपसर्ग और प्रत्यय||L.C.M & H.C.F||Problem Solving||Geography|
रस / छन्द / अलंकार
Ratio & Proportion
Synonyms and Antonyms
|मुहावरों और लोकोक्तियाँ/ कहावते||Percentage, Profit & Loss, Discount||Visual Memory||Polity &Economics|
|Idioms and Phrases||अनेक शब्दो के लिए एक शब्द||Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Relationship||Constitution|
|Fillers||रिक्त स्थान की पूर्ति||Geometry & Mensuration||Arithmetical Reasoning||Everyday Science|
Verbal & Figure Classification
|National/International Organizations/Institutions etc.|
9. Keep Yourself Motivated:
- It is very important that you remain optimistic and motivated throughout your preparation. There might come such a time when you will start feeling low or demotivated. Even if you are not scoring well in mocks, do not get disheartened. Just keep practising and you will definitely get success.
MORE FROM US:
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now
The most comprehensive exam prep app
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)