Conditions of a Democratic Country
Democratic countries are thought to be the most developed on the planet. Before passing legislation, the views of all people, castes, and religions are taken into account.
- In the above scenarios, the actions of peaceful protestors are democratic, but the actions of the government are not.
- In a democracy, citizens have the right to assemble and peacefully protest the government.
- When the government confronts and arrests peaceful protestors, it violates democratic norms.
- Aside from that, if a country's press and media are not free to write about or criticise the government, the country is not democratic.
- In a democracy, freedom of speech and expression is widely practised, and the media is no exception.
- The government is no longer a democratic government if it censors the press and media.
Facts about a Democratic Country
A democracy is a country where all citizens have the right to vote and elections are held regularly.
- Also, when it has a judicial framework that prioritizes citizen demands. Freedom of speech and expression is practised in a democracy.
- All citizens are treated with dignity, regardless of gender, religion, or caste.
- The principle of Universal Adult Franchise is also practised in a democracy, where all citizens have the right to vote.