Do’s and Don’ts for CMAT 2022 Preparation
Some important Do's and Don’ts are listed below which would help the candidates in their preparation.
Only solve the CMAT previous year’s question papers to get an idea of the type of questions and the difficulty level.
Avoid studying irrelevant topics and try to stick to the revised syllabus.
Candidates should focus on answering questions correctly as there will be negative marking.
The candidates should read the questions carefully.
Practice online CMAT mock tests and analyse the weaker points to perform better.
The candidates should be calm while tackling the GK questions.
Stay focused and practice regularly.
Do not lose confidence after seeing the complex questions in the English comprehension in the CMAT exam.
Preparation Strategy for CMAT in 3 Months
Firstly, the aspirants must analyse the CMAT syllabus and collect study materials accordingly for their preparation. They can follow the following steps for their preparation.
- Complete CMAT syllabus within the first month and from the second month onwards start practicing CMAT question papers. The aspirants can study the following books during their CMAT preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency
Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension?
Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyaya
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning
R S Aggarwal
- Join BYJU’S Exam Prep online classes, where they can connect with other students and mentors. It will help them to discuss the problems, important formulas, theorems with experts. Besides, they will learn the shortcut tricks to calculate large mathematical problems.
- Go through the updated CMAT exam pattern, as it is beneficial for knowing the number of questions and exam duration.
CMAT Study Plan 2022
The aspirants sometimes wonder how to make a proper study plan for CMAT preparation in three months. So, the preparation must be well-curated and exam-specific. Here is a three-stage study plan to assist the aspirants in their preparation:
Step 1: Analyse the CMAT syllabus and complete it.
Overview of the syllabus is extremely important for CMAT exam preparation in 3 months. It will help the aspirants to analyse the test patterns and understand test requirements to get a good score. The following CMAT exam pattern is given:
Total number of Section
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Innovative and Entrepreneurship (CMAT 2021) (Optional)
4 compulsory subjects + 1 optional subject
Questions in each section
Total mark for each section
Mark for each question
Yes (-1 for every incorrect answer)
3 hrs + 30 mins (for optional paper)
Step 2: Practise CMAT previous years’ question papers
The aspirants must practice previous years’ questions after completing the syllabus. They can give online mock tests through BYJU’s Exam Prep, which will help them to brush up on their knowledge.
Step 3: Revise
In the last 15 days of CMAT preparation time, the aspirants must spend time revising so that they can understand whether they have covered all the topics or not. This will help them to ensure that they have not left any important topic.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card