Best Preparation Tips to Clear CTET 2022 Paper on First Attempt
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) twice a year. For beginners, the basic and most important tip to clear CTET 2022 exam, or any examination, is to have a basic understanding of the exam, like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. One should be well aware of these exam details for efficient preparation for the CTET exam and to crack it on the 1st attempt. So in line with the above understanding, let us take a quick peek at the basic information about CTET Examination.
1. CTET Eligibility Criteria:
- As per the official notification, the minimum qualification required to appear for the CTET exam is graduation from a recognized university and B.Ed/ D.El.Ed/ degree. You can check the complete eligibility criteria for the CTET exam. This will help you better understand the educational qualification required to complete the CTET exam.
2. Know CTET Exam Pattern:
- The CTET examination is conducted online, i.e., in Computer Based Test (CBT) Mode.
- The papers will be different for Primary Stage Teachers (1 to 5) and Elementary Stage Teachers (6 to 8). All the questions raised in the CTET Exam Paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with four alternatives. Every question holds one mark for each correct answer. Also, there will be no negative marking for the incorrect response.
- A total of 5 sections will be asked in both CTET Paper I and Paper II, i.e., Child Development & Pedagogy, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Studies (Paper-I), Science & Mathematics/Social Studies (Paper II).
- The total mark is 150. You get 2 hours and 30 minutes to answer the MCQ questions.
- The pattern has remained the same over the years and is not expected to change. So, formulate a strategy keeping in mind the above pattern. Prepare each section sincerely and try to attain a good overall score.
Click Here to Check CTET 2022 Detailed Exam Pattern
3. Know About CTET Syllabus for Paper 1 and 2:
To start your preparation, you must know about the important topics to prepare for the exam. Thereafter, you can plan your timetable and prepare accordingly. The official notification mentions the subjects' standard to be of matriculation level.
- The CTET 2022 for papers I and II will have topics prescribed in the syllabus of the NCERT for classes I to V and V to VIII, respectively.
- The difficulty level and linkages can be up to the level of the senior secondary stage.
- Candidates will be tested for two languages, one as a medium of instruction and another language they can choose.
- For language II, aspirants will be tested on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
- CTET syllabus for Child Development and Pedagogy section will include topics related to teaching ability and students they will be teaching after qualifying CTET and recruitment as teachers in primary and elementary schools in India.
Check Here: CTET 2022 Detailed Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2
CTET Preparation for Child Development and Pedagogy
- 15 questions from each of the subsections will be asked from the child development section.
- The questions will be asked related to the ideology and principles of thinkers under the child development section.
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs is important as 5 questions are asked from the topic.
- Preparation of topic thinkers' thoughts and principles well.
|Child Development and Pedagogy|
CTET Preparation for Language 1 and 2
1. For Language I
- The medium of instruction proficiency will be checked in the language I section.
- A lot of practice is needed to master the language I section.
- I am usually the regional language, in our case, it is Hindi selected by most candidates.
- Online test series must be practised to excel in the section.
- Time management and planning must be done to improve the section's performance.
- Two unseen passages will be asked- one will be prose and the other the drama. Prose questions can be scientific, narrative, or discursive.
- One question will come based on a poem given in the question paper.
- Inference-based questions will be asked.
- Questions on grammar and verbal ability.
2. For Language II
- Language II is the second primary language used in the region.
- Questions will be similar in pattern to the language I.
- Questions will be asked to test the grammatical skills in language II.
- Two unseen prose questions will come, which can be discursive, literary, narrative, or scientific.
CTET Preparation for Mathematics
As mathematics questions are asked in both paper I and paper II, thus a planned strategy must be made.
- Candidates appearing for the paper I/paper II must revise the NCERT books of mathematics prescribed by the CBSE authorities from class I - V/ VI-VIII.
- Mathematics papers will also have questions on pedagogy, students must have good knowledge and understanding of these questions. Practical methods must be understood with their practical implementation and ability to teach these methods. Sound knowledge of formative and non-formative assessment should be learned here.
- As there are no negative marks, all questions must be attempted, as every mark counts.
CTET Preparation for Environmental Science
- The questions asked will be General and basic; study the NCERT books of Class I to V and Geography books of Class VI to VIII.
- Prepare for the previous year’s sample papers and question papers available online.
- Take a random quiz on General awareness and environmental studies to perform well in the exam.
- Time management is important to attempt the questions, as they all appear easy, but answering can be tricky sometimes as proximate data is available.
CTET Preparation for Science
- Only 30 questions will be asked in this section of MCQ type, which will be from the basic class VI to VIII syllabus.
- NCERT books from classes I to VIII must be studied to perform well.
- Solve all problems given in Science books from class VI to VIII.
- Questions on pedagogy and practical problem-solving questions will be asked.
- Solve the practice problems and sample papers defined for CTET.
CTET Preparation for Social Studies
- Class I- VIII syllabus defined under environmental science and social science must be covered.
- Questions will be asked on fundamental concepts of cultural, economic, and political skills.
- Prepare micro notes on ancient, medieval, and modern history to excel in the history section.
- To enhance the performance of the economy and polity sections, one must regularly read newspapers and see news on news channels.
- Basic questions can be asked about the constitution of India.
- Make short notes of the historical data, especially the dates and the era.
- A lot of hard work is needed to perform well in the section, as plenty of data is available.
4. Timetable and Time Management:
Time management is of extreme importance. To start your preparation, you must know about the list of important topics to prepare for the exam. thereafter, you can plan your timetable and prepare accordingly. A candidate can make a weekly plan to keep your studies in check.
|Number of hours/per day||What to study|
|Social Studies||1.5 hours|
Attempt Quizzes Here:
|Child Development & Pedagogy Quiz||English Quiz||Hindi Quiz||Environmental Studies Quiz||Mathematics Quiz||Science Quiz||Social Studies Quiz|
5. CTET Previous Year Question Papers:
- Once you have gone through the list of important topics to prepare, go through the CTET Previous Year Question Papers and see the trends that have been followed in all these years.
- Attempt those papers, check your score, analyze where you stand, and start working on your performance.
- Sometimes, the aspirants think that he/she is having proficient knowledge of a particular topic. But attempting the question in a particular time frame with accuracy is not very easy.
- So, practising papers help you figure out the list of topics you need to understand and clear the basics.
6. Strengthen Your Weak Areas:
- Prepare the list of topics you need to work on.
- Based on your knowledge, decide the order of preference, those topics that you need to devote maximum time to, etc.
- Work on your weak areas and treat them as a challenge.
- Set a goal to attempt the maximum number of questions with 90% accuracy in a minimum time.
7. Formulate the CTET Exam Strategy:
- After following points 1 to 8, it's time to formulate your exam strategy.
- Make a list of topics that you should attempt first. Also, don't waste much time on a particular question.
- We will provide you with the essential tips to keep in mind while writing the exam.
- Nevertheless, it is a student who knows about his preparation in the best possible way, hence, it should be his task to execute the strategies we provide.
You can check out the active practice series - Click Here
At last, we would just like to say that once you set your heart and mind to something, you can gain anything you want. Yes, it will be difficult, but nothing is impossible. No matter what, don't give up. Keep yourself focused on your goal, and you will achieve it.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app
Commentswrite a comment