As a NIACL Assistant, one may be responsible to undertake various data entry processes initially. A NIACL Assistant is responsible for assisting the Administrative Officers of each section. There are 3 major tasks involved in different departments of NIACL. These are -
Underwriting - It is a data entry process. This involves the following work -
- Acceptance of proposals, signing/ issuing policies
- Use computers to enter, access and retrieve financial data
- Write business correspondence
- Gather relevant financial data
Claims -This involves all the legal and non-legal aspects of claims of customers and their settlement and following work -
- Apply insurance rating systems
- Calculate the amount of claim
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search and retrieve data
- Post or attach information to claim file
- Prepare and review insurance-claim forms and related documents for completeness
- Provide customer services, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims or providing referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation
Accounts - This involves payments, preparation of balance sheets, accounting transactions etc.
We hope that the article has resolved your queries regarding Job Profile and salary of NIACL Assistant. In case of any further query, you can comment below!
Step up your preparation for the exam by attempting the mock tests -
NIACL Assistant 2019 Mock Test Series, Attempt Now!
All the best for your exam.