1) Important Books of Quantitative Aptitude
Find here the list of some important books to give your preparation a boost:
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma (TMH Publication)
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra (BSC Publication)
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations R. S Agarwal (S. Chand Publication)
The main aim is to get your fundamentals strong. Questions asked are based on simple concepts, fast calculations and tricks.
- Learn tables up to 50, squares up to 30, cubes up to 20 etc to help you calculate faster
- Practice topics like simplification, approximation, number series, quadratic equations, etc.
- These will help you score 10-15 marks in 5-6 minutes if practiced well
- Practice Data Interpretations of all types
- Practice and solve the Quantitative section of all the recently held banking exams in 2019
- Daily give a sectional test and attempt daily Quant. quizzes by BYJU'S Exam Prep. The link is provided below
Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
2) Important books of Reasoning Ability
Some of the important books are listed below:
- A modern approach to verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
(Verbal Reasoning - Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Input-Output, Critical Reasoning (Statement-Assumption, Strong & Weak Arguments, Courses of Action), Direction Sense)
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
(Analytical Reasoning – Seating Arrangements, Grouping, Selection, etc.)
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publication
- Understand the basic concepts of all the topics
- Identify the topics in which you are scoring less continuously and work hard to develop a good command over those topics
- A lot of practice is required to score well in this section
- Practice Seating arrangements and Puzzles the most as these are worth 15-20 marks in all the preliminary exam
- Practice and solve the Reasoning Ability of all the recently held banking exams in 2019
- Daily give a sectional test and attempt daily Reasoning Ability quizzes by BYJU'S Exam Prep. The link is provided below
Reasoning Ability Quiz
3) Important books of English Language
Some of the important books for the English language are listed below:
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant Publication)
- Mirror of Common Errors
- Use vocabulry.com in order to increase your vocabulary.
Scoring better in the English section is comparatively easy if you have a good command over grammar and have a decent vocabulary.
Preparation Strategy -
- You must be aware of almost all English words i.e. your vocabulary must be very good and vast
- For the grammar section, follow our Grammar Scholar Series
- Now comes the comprehension part. In order to have good command in the reading comprehension section, your reading speed must be fast enough which can be improved by reading newspapers, books, and articles from all the available resources
- Daily read a newspaper (The Economist and The Hindu are mostly recommended). This will increase both your reading speed and vocabulary
This was all about the important books for the upcoming LIC Assistant Exam 2019, we hope you will find this article useful for preparation. Further, we advise you all to attempt daily mocks of LIC Assistant exams from the link provided below:
Daily Mocks of LIC Assistant Exam 2019
Crack LIC Assistant 2019 with a day-wise study plan. To help you with your preparation BYJU'S Exam Prep has come up with the most detailed course to crack LIC Assistant 2019 i.e. Ensure LIC: A Crash Course.
Prep Smart, Score Better, Go BYJU'S Exam Prep!