Khadi and Village Industries Commission Functions
The duties of the Khadi Village and Industries Commission are as follows:
- It keeps a supply of raw materials on hand that can be marketed farther along the supply chain.
- It assists in the development of shared service facilities that facilitate the processing of raw materials.
- It helps KVI items be marketed through artisans and other channels.
- To promote and sell KVI products, it forges connections with numerous marketing organizations.
- The KVI industry supports and fosters research and development.
- By encouraging research and boosting competitiveness, it finds solutions to the issues related to KVI goods.
- It also aids in giving financial support to those involved in the khadi and village industries, both as people and as institutions.
- It must follow rigid rules to conform to product standards to stop the creation of fake items.
Who is the chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission?
In 2021, Vinai Kumar Saxena will lead the Khadi and Village Industries Commission. It has the authority to introduce projects, programs, and schemes related to the growth of the khadi and village industries.