Second Most Abundant Metal in the Earth's Crust - Iron
- Iron is a very important element on Earth, it is used to make bicycle chains, steel construction of bridges, electricity pylons, and cutting tools.
- Because of its abundance, it has been used by humans for thousands of years, although humans have evolved greatly since the Iron Age, iron is still a commonly used metal in modern times as well.
- Iron and carbon are combined to form steel.
- Steel is one of the most commonly used metals for making small household items, bridges, and buildings.
- Iron is an important metal for organic life.
- It is also an important component of human blood and a component of chlorophyll in plants.
Which is the Second Most Abundant Metal In The Earth's Crust?
Iron is the second most abundant metal in the earth's crust whereas calcium is the third most abundant metal on earth's crust. Around 5% of iron is included in the earth's crust and creates the outer and inner cores of the earth.