UPSC Civil Engineering Optional Books
A serious UPSC aspirant would know that there are two papers for the civil engineering optional subject- Paper-1 and Paper-2. The UPSC reference books for civil engineering would help the candidates to cover both of these papers.
Paper-1 of the Civil Engineering Optional Syllabus includes Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Structural Analysis, Fluid Mechanics, Solid Type, and Structure. Paper 2 contains Construction Technology, Surveying, Hydrology, Environmental Engineering, etc. following are the UPSC Civil Engineering Optional Books that would help the candidates to complete these topics efficiently.
- Engineering Mechanics - Shames
- Introduction to Mechanics of Solids
- Basic and applied Fluid Mechanics-Garde
- Surveying - Punmia
- Strength of Material - V. N. Vazaram
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering - A Singh and K R Arora
- Strength and Materials -UC. Jindal
- Strength of material - Gere and Timoshenko
- Concrete Technology - M.S. Shetty
- R.C.C. (WSM) - Shyal and Goyal
- Mechanics for Engineers- B Johnson
- Engineering Mechanics - Mchean
- Limit State Design - Ram Chandra
- R.C.C. (LSM) - A.K. Jain
- Steel Structure - L.S. Negi
- Soil Mechanics - K.R. Arora
- Fluid Mechanics - Modi & Seth
- Theory of Structure (Vol - II) - Vazirani and Ratwani
- Irrigation Engineering - S.K. Garg
- Prestress Concrete - N. Krishna Rajee
- Engineering Hydrology - K. Subramanya
- Engineering Mechanics by Irvin Shames
- Strength of Materials By S. Ramamrutham
- Intermediate Structural Analysis by CK Wang
- Theory of Structures by S. Ramamrutham
- Design of Steel Structures by S Duggal
- Design of Steel Structures By N Subramanian
- Prestressed Concrete by N Krishna Raju
- Handbook Of Reinforced Concrete Design by SN Sinha
- Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan and Rao
- Building Construction by Arora and Bindra
- Construction, Planning, and Management by UK Srivastava
UPSC Civil Engineering Optional Books PDF
We have compiled a list of the best books for UPSC civil engineering in a PDF file below, candidates can download the file directly from the given link and start preparing for the UPSC civil engineering optional.
☛ Also Read:- How to Crack UPSC Exam at 1st Attempt
Strategy to Cover UPSC Civil Engineering Optional Books
Covering UPSC Books is not an easy task because they include a vast range of topics. This is the same case with the IAS civil engineering books as well. There is no doubt that civil engineering optional is a tough subject, and a strategic approach while covering the books would save you both time and enhance the scope of soring big.
- First, be familiar with the UPSC civil engineering syllabus so that you can only target the topics that are important from the UPSC exam perspective.
- After that proceed with choosing the UPSC Civil Engineering Optional Books that you find simple and easy to understand. Also, you can seek help from your mentor or teachers to find suitable civil engineering books.
- While covering the UPSC reference books for civil engineering make sure to note down the core points. It would be helpful during the revision period and you won’t have to turn back the pages from the books at the last moment.
- Don’t try to complete one topic from the several UPSC civil engineering books at the same time. However, adding additional knowledge of that topic from other books would be a wise step.
- The books also include the previous year’s question papers so ensure you solve them after completing the topic. In this way, you can evaluate your understanding level of that particular topic.
Important UPSC Topics