UGC NET June 2019 Detailed notification Out!! NTA has released the UGC NET June 2019 Detailed Notification on their website for the selection of the students for 'Assistant Professor' and 'Junior Research Fellowship' for the June 2019 session. In this article, we will be sharing all the details, talking about the important dates, exam pattern, eligibility, selection procedure, syllabus etc.
1. UGC NET Important Dates:
a. Online submission of Application Form - 01.03.2019 - 30.03.2019 (1 March 2019 - 30 March 2019)
b. Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only - 07.04.2019 - 14.04.2019 (7 April 2019 - 14 April 2019)
c. Download Admit Cards from NTA’s website - 15.05.2019 onwards (15 May onwards)
d. Dates of Examination - 20.06.2018, 21.06.2018, 24.06.2019, 25.06.2019, 26.06.2018, 27.06.2018, 28.06.2018
e. Declaration of Result - 15.07.2019
2. UGC NET Fee Structure:
Fee Payable by candidates:
a. General - 800/- Rupees + GST/Processing charges.
b. OBC - 400/- Rupees + GST/Processing charges.
c. SC/ST/PWD - 200/- Rupees + GST/Processing charges.
3. UGC NET Exam Pattern:
- The UGC NET Exam is conducted in 81 different subjects. Most of the number of the students appeared in Commerce subject followed by Hindi, Computer Science, English etc.
- UGC NET Exam is conducted in two different papers.
- UGC NET is divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is common to all the students appearing in the exam. Paper 1 syllabus is divided into 10 units:
Paper 1 Syllabus:
1. Teaching Aptitude
2. Research Aptitude
3. Reading Comprehension
5. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
6. Logical Reasoning
7. Data Interpretation
8. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
9. People and Environment
10. Higher Education System: Governance, Policy And Administration
Detailed Exam Pattern:
|Total number of Questions|
|Paper 1 (General to All Students)||100 marks (50 Questions * 2 marks)|
Paper 2 (Specific to Student)
|200 marks (100 Questions * 2 marks)||100 Questions|
- Check out the exam pattern
- Check out the detailed syllabus
- Check out the Commerce Syllabus
- Check out the Management Syllabus
4. UGC NET Exam Eligibility:
- On the Basis of Educational Qualification:
- General: Minimum 55% marks in post graduation (master’s degree) in the concerned subject. Final year students can also apply the form but the degree should be completed within 2 years from the result date.
- OBC/SC/ST: Minimum 50% marks in post graduation (master’s degree) in the concerned subject. Final year students can also apply the form but degree should be completed within 2 years from the result date.
b. On the Basis of Age Qualification
- No age criteria for Assistant Professor.
- JRF: General: The candidate should not be more than 30 years of age.
- JRF: OBC/SC/ST: The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age.
5. UGC NET Selection Process
- Candidate (General category) needs to obtain at least 40% aggregate in both the papers taken together for Assistant Professor or JRF.
- Candidate (OBC/SC/ST category ) needs to obtain at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for Assistant Professor or JRF.
- Generally, the number of students who qualify for Assistant Professor should be equal to 6% or more than 6% of the total candidates appeared in both papers considering all the slots.
- Similarly, the number of students who qualify for JRF should be equal to 1% or less than 1% (approx.) of the total candidates appeared in both papers considering all the slots.
If any query, write us down in the comment section.