SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 exam is around the corner and a majority of the aspirants acknowledge the reasoning section to be exciting and challenging. If you want to succeed, then we encourage you to work hard and score 30+ in reasoning ability in SBI clerk prelims 2021.
The best way to excel in the reasoning section is regular practice and a comprehensive understanding of logic. Although only practice and knowledge cannot guarantee success in this exam. The level of the SBI Clerk 2021 exam is difficult, so the only way to ensure your success is to score as high as possible. Read on to get the tips and tricks to score 30+ in reasoning ability in SBI Clerk Prelims 2021.
Effective Tips for Scoring 30+ in SBI Clerk Reasoning
Reasoning ability comprises questions based on critical thinking or analytic logic. Candidates with higher logical reasoning ability can score higher in this section. We recommend the consistent practice and leveraging our strategies on how to score 30+ marks in reasoning to secure your place in the Mains.
- This section requires the applicant’s ability to comprehend and identify the various components of any given statement. So, to score more in the SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 exam, you should start with those topics in which you have a good command.
- After finishing a topic, you should solve practice questions for that chapter. Begin with the easy questions and gradually move on to more difficult ones.
- Accuracy is also an essential aspect if you want to score high marks in reasoning. For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25 mark.
- Improve your time management skills by balancing your speed and accuracy. Accurate answers solved in a time-bound manner lead to a higher score.
- There are only 20 minutes allotted for 35 questions of Reasoning. Try attempting time-consuming questions like 2-3 variables puzzle or seating arrangement at last.
- You can start your reasoning section with questions that are not in the form of puzzles. You can start with questions on miscellaneous topics like syllogism, alphanumeric series, direction & distance, and more.
If you are aiming to score 30+ in Reasoning Ability in SBI Clerk Prelims 2021, then opting for the right study materials and utilizing our straightforward tips and tricks is your best bet. Attempt sectional mock tests along with the full-length SBI Clerk test series. Analyze these tests, identify weak areas, and focus on them more.
The reasoning ability is undoubtedly one of the most challenging sections in SBI clerk prelims 2021. There is anticipation & uncertainty about what to focus on while preparing for the exam. Aspirants must have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern, vital topics of the reasoning section, and their difficulty level.
Reasoning Ability Exam Pattern
There are many topics in reasoning, which aspirants must know when they learn to score greater than 30 marks in Reasoning. Aspirants must work on each topic separately to score marks. The expected number of questions of reasoning section from each topic are:
Expected number of Questions
Seating Arrangement and Puzzles
Coding-Decoding / Inequality
Distance and Directions
You can allocate the preparation time based on the number of expected questions from each topic.
Topic-wise Tips and Tricks to Score 30+ in SBI Clerk Reasoning
Having a thorough understanding of all the topics in Reasoning is crucial to score more marks in SBI clerk Prelims 2021 and helps you to prepare each of them. Here is a glimpse of topics in the reasoning section:
1. Distance and Directions
- One of the easiest and most scoring of all the questions.
- You should read the statements carefully by focusing on one aspect at a time and making diagrams.
- When you make diagrams, suppose that you are facing the North.
2. Blood Relations
- Read the details given in the question and draw a family tree or flowchart diagrams for visual clarity.
- There are at least 2 questions asked based on this topic.
- In these questions, you have to identify the relation between two components and find out the missing element having a similar relationship with another element.
- This section is straightforward as it is based on general knowledge and common sense.
4. Order & Ranking
- These questions are given to determine the rank/position of the person from top-bottom/left-right.
- There are a few formulas to solve these types of questions.
- Making diagrams can also help.
5. Alphanumeric Series
- These questions are based on the identification of the pattern in a given series.
- Mathematical Inequalities questions are complex expressions with mathematical symbols. In these questions, you need to determine the relationship between different variables
- Coded Inequalities questions consist of expressions coded with symbols. So, first, you need to decode the symbols and then find the conclusions.
- The best way is to make a table and decode the given symbols. Then rewrite the given relationships using the decoded symbols.
- Combine all the relationships to get the combined statement to draw an accurate conclusion.
7. Circular and Linear Seating Arrangements
- These questions are critical and tricky. The more you practice, the more you gain mastery over this topic.
- For syllogisms, you can choose the A, E, l, O rules method, or the traditional Venn Diagram method.
9. Data Sufficiency / Puzzles
- Puzzles can be given from any of the topics mentioned above as well.
- Analyze and collect all the direct statements provided in the puzzle.
- The only way to solve puzzles and score high is continuous practice.
Suggested Read: How to Score 80+ in SBI Clerk Exam?
Follow these tips to do well in SBI prelims. There is no shortcut to master these questions. So, keep practising to score higher in the reasoning ability section.
Don't forget to attempt Reasoning Quizzes for SBI Clerk exam
Now that you have explicit knowledge of how to score 30+ marks in reasoning in the SBI Prelims exam, what are you waiting for? It requires a consistent approach. With these tips and tricks, the preparation plan of the SBI Clerk reasoning ability section can be an effective and efficient one.
All The Best !