India is the ___ largest country in the world

By BYJU'S Exam Prep

Updated on: September 25th, 2023

India is the seventh-largest country in the worldin terms of area. India occupies an area of about 2.4% of the total geographical area of the world. The area of the country in terms of the landmass is around 3.28 million sq. km. India has many countries surrounding its border including Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar and Bhutan.

Answer: India is the seventh-largest country in the world

India ranks second in terms of population after China. As per the area, 91% of the area in India is covered by land, and the remaining 9% is covered by water. India is located in South Asia and it has twenty-nine states and seven union territories.


India is the seventh-largest country in the world. It covers a total area of 3,287,263 square kilometers.

Our Apps Playstore
SSC and Bank
Other Exams
GradeStack Learning Pvt. Ltd.Windsor IT Park, Tower - A, 2nd Floor, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303
Home Practice Test Series Premium