Dimensions of Teachers' Work
- Facilitating learning to students.
- Evaluating the learning outcomes of students. Assessing them reporting the drawbacks.
- Engaging the students in Professional Learning
- Participating in making the curriculum and other programs.
- Initiatives in an Outcomes-focused Environment
- Forming Partnerships within the School Community
Characteristics of the Profession
- To equip with intellectual tendencies.
- To acquire opportunities for development for various kinds of skills and abilities.
- To generate the desire for service of society than for personal gain.
- To generate its own standards.
- To provide opportunities for regular and systematic promotion during the period of service.
- To possess a strong professional organization behind it.
- To acquire training for continuous improvement.
Effective teachers throughout their entire teaching career demonstrate the following professional attributes.
- Teachers demonstrate good interpersonal skills by creating opportunities to communicate and share ideas, knowledge and experience with others.
- Teacher seeks assistance from colleagues and when offered any advice they are keen to act on it.
- Teachers encourage parents and students in the learning process.
- Teachers are active and dedicated to educating young people and they act in the best interests of students.
- Teachers inspire students by enjoying the challenges thrown at them.
- Teachers are devoted to the personal, educational, social, cultural and moral development of their students and aim to teach them how to be life-long learners and active members of society.
- Teachers have a presence that creates a positive influence on students‟ behaviour.
- They can articulate their ideas and thoughts whilst modifying their language according to the audience and context.
- Teachers respect the rights of others by acting with impartiality and consistency.
- They have an understanding of the principles of social justice, demonstrate this by making just, and fair decisions.
- Teachers are creative problem solvers who are willing to take risks in order to find new and enterprising solutions to educational issues and are inventive when developing educational programs.
- They provide learning experiences that engage student interest and enhance student learning.
- Teachers treat students with care and sensitivity by identifying and addressing their educational, physical, emotional, social and cultural needs.
- They are astute in recognising and responding to barriers that inhibit student outcomes.
- Teachers are constructive and supportive in their interaction with others.
- They show flexibility in an ever-changing work environment and are willing to consider critically and implement change.
- Teachers are advocates of their profession.
We hope you all understood the Study Notes on Teaching Aptitude for Paper-1 for UGC NET Exam 2022.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep