Effective ways of Teaching
- The teacher should start with simple ideas and move towards explaining complex thing gradually.
- The teacher should move from explaining known concepts towards unknown concepts because students would be able to relate and retain concepts easily.
- The teacher should move from concrete (established facts) to abstract (existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence) concepts while teaching.
- For a better understanding of teacher, Teacher should impart knowledge about the present, and then they can understand the past and the future better.
- The teacher should teach from particular (by explaining facts) and move towards general laws and its derivates.
- The teacher should keep in mind the psychological need of student first and then move towards explaining concepts in logical way.
- The teacher should divide the topic into parts to make students understand better.
- The teacher should help to transform the knowledge that is not clear into clear to clarify the doubts of students.
- To better understand and clarify the students about any given topic, a teacher should divide the problem into its constituent parts (analysis) and move towards connecting those parts(synthesis).
- A teacher should always encourage students to self-study.
Principles of Teaching
- Interest- for effective teaching, a teacher should be able to generate interest among students.
- Motivation- A Teacher should be able to motivate students to learn and understand new things.
- Revision- For a better understanding of acquired knowledge, a teacher must revise the concepts taught immediately.
- Individual differences- Teacher should teach in such a way that students of different background, attitude, potential and abilities could get equal opportunities.
- Activity- For better retention and understanding, a teacher should involve students in learning through activity.
- Definite aim- To make learning focused and to make teaching in a planned way along with teaching methods and aim, a teacher must make definite aim before the class. This will make students more curious and interested in learning.
- Division- To make learning easier, the subject matter should be divided into units, and there should be links between the units.
- Democratic learning- If the behaviour of the teacher is authoritarian, students would not be able to communicate or participate in the class, and they will be just passive listeners. But, if the teacher is democratic, the students will ask questions, and class will be more interactive.
- Recreation- To make class humorous and to tackle the fatigue of lengthy class, recreational activities by teachers are necessary.
Important terms related to teaching
- The term curriculum refers to the lessons, and academic content taught in a school or in a specific course or program.
- It could also be defined as the sum total of all the experience that a student undergoes and the student must pass it.
- It is a plan showing the subjects or books to be studied in a particular course, especially a course that leads to an exam.
- It is descriptive in nature and tries to outline and summarize the topic that needs to cover.
- The process of repeating an idea or belief to someone until they accept it without criticism or question.
- In Indoctrination, the beliefs and ideas are impressed upon others and can be included in teaching.
- Instruction is part of teaching, and it involves the delivery of content by the teacher.
- It is one way where the teacher instructs students.
We hope you all understood the topics discussed above in Teaching Aptitude for the upcoming UGC NET Exam 2022.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep.
Commentswrite a comment