What is the strategy to clear the DSSSB PRT exam?
PRT stands for Primary Teacher. PRT teaches classes from 1th to 5th. Before knowing the preparation strategy it is necessary to know the Syllabus, Nature of the Exam & Educational Qualification required to appear in the exam.
DSSSB PRT Educational Qualification
1. Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-years Diploma in elementary education (by whatever name known) from a recognized Board.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2-years Diploma in elementary education (by whatever name known) in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) regulations-2002.
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-years Diploma in Education (special education) from a recognized Board.
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4200/- Group: ‘B’ Non-Gazetted.|
DSSSB PRT Syllabus 2021: Subject Wise
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability|
|Arithmetical & Numerical Ability|
|Hindi Language & Comprehension|
|English Language & Comprehension|
|Section B||Post specific subject related questions|
Know more about - DSSSB PRT Syllabus 2021
Nature of PRT Exam
Section - A:-MCQs of one mark each as per existing examination scheme
|Total Question (MCQ)||200|
|Total Marks (MCQ)||200|
|Negative Marking||Deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each wrong MCQ answer.|
|Special Note||Candidates have to qualify in Section A & B separately as per their category (UR/OBC/SC/ST/PH/Ex-Serviceman) minimum qualifying marks. However, final merit will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks of both the section A & B|
DSSSB PRT Preparation Strategy
1. Syllabus: Candidates should start preparing for the exam having in-depth knowledge of the syllabus. As the syllabus is vast it includes English, Hindi, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Knowledge, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Child Development & Pedagogy, Teaching Aptitude, Teaching Attitude, Teaching Methodology.
2. Time Management: Initially we can plan to give 1 hour daily to each subject, in order to gain knowledge related to the subject difficulty level. It is advisable to devote 6 to 7 hours daily in order to complete the syllabus on time. Afterward, candidates can increase their time devotion according to the requirements and availability of resources.
3. Previous Year Question Papers: Practice as much as you can, DSSSB previous year question papers help you to track your performance level, accuracy, and speed can also be improved by attempting them.
4. Mock Test: Attempting a DSSSB PRT mock test helps one to know how much they need to learn more and how much they have learned so far. Mock Tests are basically performance measurement tools. Mock Tests provide a fair idea of our performance. It is estimated that how much we score in mock tests likely our performance in the real test will be the same or increase substantially.
5. Eat Healthy Diet: It is advisable to avoid having junk food during examination preparation duration. Have fruits and lemonade only in order to gain vitamins.
6. Books: Candidates should refer to authentic books. It is advisable to cover NCERT Books of classes 5th to 8th of Mathematics, Hindi Grammar, SST & Science. Candidates can check out Best Books for DSSSB PRT Exam for all Subjects.
7. Revision: Keep on revising the topic learned daily so that you do not forget what you have studied so far. A weekly test should be attempted in order to maintain a balance of what you have learned so far.
8. BYJU'S Exam Prep TET App & BYJU'S Exam Prep YouTube Channel: BYJU'S Exam Prep provides authentic and to-the-point study notes, study material, quizzes, mock tests, and online classes for DSSSB PRT (Subjects) exam, candidates can refer to both platforms for sure shot selection.
9. Current Affairs: In the exam, approximately 6 to 7 questions come from current affairs background, so it is necessary to keep a tap on daily current affairs and maintain a logbook related to it and jot down in the form of a one-liner all the events.
10. Time Table: It is advisable to make a timetable priorly and divide subjects according to the difficulty and interest levels. Candidates can refer to this tentative timetable in order to complete the syllabus and revision on time and fix a seat in the DSSSB Exam.
|07:00 A.M.- 08:30 A.M.||English||1 to 1.5|
|09:00 A.M.-10:00 A.M.||Hindi||1|
|10:45 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.||Q.A.||1 to 1.5|
|12:30 P.M.- 01:00 P.M.||C.A.||1/2|
|01:15 P.M.- 02:15 P.M.||Reasoning||1 to 1.5|
|03:15 P.M. -04:00 P.M.||G.K.||1|
|05:00 P.M.- 06:30 P.M.||CDP/Teaching Methodology||1 to 1.5|
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)