The GK section was of moderate to tough level as per the feedback was given by the exam takers. As in the General Awareness section, questions were asked from last six months current affairs ie. from July 2020 to January 2021.
Below we are sharing some of the Current Affairs Questions which were asked in the exam:
GK Questions asked in the SBI PO Mains 2020 (held on 29th January 2021)
1. Which bank has ‘Home Utsav’, a virtual property exhibition that digitally showcases real estate projects by renowned developers from key cities across the country?
Ans: ICICI Bank
Tornado (Page Number-55)-8th point
2. What is the theme of the Second Cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS) announced by the Reserve Bank of India?
Ans: ‘Cross Border Payments.
3. Capital to Risk-Weighted Asset Ratio (CRAR) of scheduled commercial banks dropped to ______ in March 2020.
4. Which country ranks immediately below India in the Global Hunger Index 2020?
Tornado (Page Number-16)-21st point
5. Existing Indian Sansad Bhavan was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens along with ______
Ans: Sir Herbert Baker
6. Who became the first female umpire to officiate in a men’s Test match?
Ans: Claire Polosak
Tornado (Page Number-117)-1st point Jan 2021
7. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), launched its one-stop fintech payment solution- UPI AutoPay through which customers can create e-mandate through their UPI ID or QR Scan for transactions up to ______.
Ans: Rs 2000.
8. Who has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 at the 3rd India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB) 2020 based in Boston, USA?
Ans: Om Puri
9. Keetham lake is located in which city of India which has recently been added to the Ramsar site list?
10. Who has authored the book, ‘Dreams from My Father’?
Ans: Barack Obama
11. Satpura Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
12. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched a new Central Sector Scheme of financing facility under the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund of 1 Lakh. The program will run from 2020 to _____?
13. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility at the DRDO's Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex located which city of India, Doing so India becomes the third country after the US and Russia to have such a large facility?
Tornado (Page Number-80)-12th point
14. Living Root bridge found in which state?
15. As per the Reserve Bank of India, low-risk customer should be asked to update KYC details once in how many years?
Ans: 10 Years
16. Identify the Kharif crop.- wheat, maize, barley, potato
17. 12th GRIHA Summit was conducted in December 2020. What does “H” stand for?
18. What does “I” stand for in QIP?
Ans: Institutional (Qualified Institutional Placement)
19. According to the Reserve Bank of India, any bank or financial institutions or a consortium of banks or financial institutions can not approach Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRTs) if the amount due is less than ______.
Ans: 20 Lakh
20. Who is the Chairman of SAIL (Steel Authority of India)?
Ans: Soma Mondal
21. Who is the top coal-producing country/state in the world?
Ans: China / Jharkhand (India)
22. Which Bank holds 51 per cent stake in LIC?
Ans: IDBI Bank
23. Which company has been selected as the reporting actuary for the embedded value of Life Insurance Corporation of India?
Ans: Milliman Advisors LLP India
24. Which organization has come up with a three year Road-Map dobbed as UTKARSH 2022?
25. Nandan Nilekani has announced the formation of new credit protocol infrastructure?
Ans: Open Credit Enablement Network (OCEN)
26. The share of digital transactions in the total volume of non-cash retail payments increased to ______ during 2019-20.
Ans: 97.0 per cent
27. The Credit Information Bureau India Limited (CIBIL) score ranges between ______.
Ans: 300 to 900
28. Where is the headquarter of Transparency International Located?
Ans: Berlin, Germany
29. What is the validity period of the FASTags from the date of its purchase?
Ans: Five Years
30. Which bank has launched a 3-in-1 account?
Ans: Equitas Small Finance Bank
31. One question related to Payments infrastructure development fund; asked a wrong statement related to that.
32. The share of digital transactions in the total volume of non-cash retail payments increased to ______ during 2019-20.
Ans: 97.0 per cent
33. What is the maximum insurance payout for COVID-19 under Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility (PEF) insurance window of World Bank?
Ans: USD 195.84 million.
34. Kaziranga National Park is located in _____.
35. In consultation with Government of India, the Reserve Bank of India has increased the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the second half of the financial year 2020-21 (October 2020 to March 2021) to _____.
Ans: ₹1,25,000 crore.
36. In terms of RBI Circular, RRBs may consider collecting account payee cheques drawn for an amount not exceeding ______ to the account of their customers who are co-operative credit societies, if the payees of such cheques are the constituents of such co-operative credit societies.
Ans: Rs. 50,000
37. The Central Vigilance Commission has directed all banks to report will full defaulters cases to RBI of how much amount and above?
Ans: 25 lakh and above
38. The government has announced the launch of Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) with an interest rate of 7.15 per cent. As per the RBI, the interest rate would be revised after every _____.
Ans: six months
39. As on January 1, 2021, what was the exchange rate of one British Pound?
Ans: INR 98
40. How many states join the “Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan’ through the Common Service Center and Krishi Vigyan Kendras?
With so many exams approaching, we are sure you must be wondering about the foolproof preparation plan. Your search is over now. Subscribe to Online Classroom Program to have unlimited access to all 20+ structured live courses and 500+ mock tests. This will cover all important banking and insurance exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS RRB (PO+Clerk), SBI PO, RBI Grade-B, SBI Clerk Main, RBI Assistant Main, etc.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!