Importance of General Awareness for RBI Grade B Exam:
General Awareness is the most important section of the RBI Grade B exam. Students usually focus on other chapters and neglect the GA section which leads to very bad performance on the exam day.
(i) General Awareness section has become an essential part of the majority of banking/recruitment examinations conducted in India.
(ii) This section enables the examiner to know the level of the candidate’s awareness of national and international current affairs, economics, sports, etc. Essentially it checks how much is the candidate keeping up with the happenings around the world.
(iii) While most exams check only your general awareness, the same section in banking exams incorporates questions with special reference to the banking industry as well.
RBI Grade B General Awareness Syllabus:
Kindly go through the important sub-sections of the RBI Grade B General Awareness syllabus. General Awareness is a collaboration of 3 subjects in all which are:-
- Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
- Economic and Social Issues
- Finance and Management
RBI Grade B Banking Awareness/Gk/Current Affairs Syllabus:
Kindly go through the below list of topics to know the important topics included in the GA and current affairs section.
- Current Affairs of last six months especially reference to the Banking Industry.
- Questions on the Indian Economy
- International Economy
- UNO, IMF, World Bank, ADB, BRICS
- Indian Constitution Questions
- Financial News
- Important Committees
- Awards & Honors Sports
- History of Banking
- Countries / currencies
- Books & Their Authors
- Banking Terms
RBI Grade B Economic and Social Issues Syllabus:
Kindly go through the below list of topics to know the important topics included in the Economic and Social Issues section.
- Growth and Development – Measurement of growth
- National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues
- Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning
- Globalization: Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments
RBI Grade B Finance and Management Syllabus:
Kindly go through the below list of topics to know the important topics included in the Finance and Management section.
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India,
Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent
- . Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Changing Landscape of the Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms,
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in the Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of
corruption and inefficiency in the government sector
Strategy to Prepare General Awareness for RBI Grade B exam:
1. Make your own notes for examination:
It is very important to make your own notes about getting good marks. The strategy is to make a thick notebook for GS. Whenever you read anything very important to your banking exams just note it down pointwise.
2. Read Newspaper Daily:-
Read newspapers or our Daily Gk update regularly as it has very relevant facts and data useful for exams. Note down those points which are relevant for the banking exam. Increase your reading speed by daily reading some articles which will help you in Reading Comprehension in the English Section also.
3. Watch the news for 15-30 minutes daily for all the current happenings in the world.
4. Read and mug it up Daily GK UPDATE, Weekly One Liner, Monthly Digest & GK Tornado.
5. Attend online quizzes and mock tests regularly.
6. Read Current Affairs and Banking Awareness Magazines like Partiyogita Darpan, Banking Service Chronicle and Arihant, etc.
7. For Banking Awareness You can purchase a book by famous banker n writer N.S Toor and books recommended for JAIIB exams.
8. For Banking, Economy & Financial News – To cover Banking, Economy & Financial News must read various newspapers online – The Economics times (Banking & Finance section), Business lines (Money & Banking section), Business today (Economy & Market section), Financial Express (Economy section).
9. Learn By relating matter with Images or stories:
This is the most important technique one can follow. You can learn things by relating them to any image or by making a story on them. You can also learn and mug up Banking terms or static GK or current affairs by using this technique.
For Example- Important Current Affair News:-“Govt. appoints Ajay Bhushan Pandey UIDAI CEO”.
Now we will make a short story to learn this fact for a longer period of time.
Story: “Ajay, Bhushan, and Pandey were three friends who were very talented and famous in a Govt. IIT named U and I Die (DAI) hence Mr. Modi makes them CEOs for Aadhaar Card checking…..
10. Always try to keep yourself updated with important events and happenings in the world.
11. Have zeal in your belly to solve all the questions correctly in your GS section by practicing and practicing.
AT LAST: Friends it is upon us how desperate we are for learning new things in our life. How desperate we are for changing our lifestyle. The General Awareness section is just like fun. If we can develop a greater interest in this subject. We can score more than 75% and can score high in the banking exams.
It is important that no matter how skilled, talented or knowledgeable you are in your respective field, you must spend time every day preparing. Prepare for the next step, the next goal, the next big moment when it arises -- because you never know when it will come.
Expert Tips to Crack the RBI Grade B Exam 2022
Our experts have provided a few expert tips to crack the upcoming RBI Grade B exam 2022. Kindly go through them once before starting your preparation.
- If you think that only people with a strong finance background clear this exam: Not true at all. People with journalism as a background are also selected for this exam. Read the eligibility criteria for details.
- If you think that people from IITs and IIMs grads are preferred then you are wrong. There is not any preference given to anyone. That's a myth. Everything depends on your Phase I, II, and interview marks.
- If you will focus on Phase I for now and then on Phase II, you will be doing a big mistake.
For UPSC candidates, Economics and GS might help you, but the RBI Phase I paper contains many fact-based or stats questions, like the amount allocated to a particular scheme which is not the case with UPSC.
So students when you are getting everything at your fingertips, why wait for the notification. It takes the practice of months and dedication to get fruitful results. Take the free trial of the course now and equipped your study material with the best you can.
You can go through the following links for RBI Grade B 2022 preparation:
This is all about the Preparation tips for the GK section in the upcoming RBI Grade B exam 2022. Kindly go through the whole article to know me important chapters and read all the study materials.
If you are aiming to crack RBI Grade B Phase 1 exam, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.