Formula Sheet On Mixture And Alligation
Mixture & Alligation
Definition: When two or more types of liquids are mixed with each other in a vessel, we get what is called as a “mixture”. Here the amount or quantities of two or more liquids is expressed in terms of respective ratios or percentage values.
For example, milk and water can be mixed to get a mixture. Mixtures can be identified by the name of liquids and their ratio.
Mixtures are of 3 types:
1. Solid mixture.
2. Liquid mixture.
3. Gaseous mixture.
Depending upon the number of ingredients of Types of mixtures:
Simple Mixtures: When two or more different ingredients/solutions are mixed together.
Compound Mixtures: When two or more simple mixtures are mixed together.
In mixture and solutions, we deal with 2 concepts:
Alligation: It is a method in which two or more solutions/ingredients are mixed in different ratios and the desired mixture is obtained or the desired mixture is given and the respective ratio in which the given solutions are mixed is asked in the question.
Note: The basic concept of Alligation lies in “weighted average”.
If we mix 2 things, the average of both are A1 and A2,
and the quantities of both are n1 and n2.
Then the average of the mixture is called as “weighted average”.
Important Formulas for Mixture and Alligation:
1. If two different articles are priced at CP1 and CP2 with their quantities Q1, and Q2 then the Cost Price of the Mixture is calculated by the following Method:
2. Let a container contains “x” units of liquid from which “m” units of liquid are taken out and replaced by water or any other liquid. And this operation is repeated for “n” times. Thus, the quantity of remaining pure liquid after “n” operations:
3. Componendo Rule- If
4. Dividend Rule- If
5. Componendo and Dividendo Rule- If
6. Invertendo Rule- If
7. Alternendo Rule- If
- Previous Year's Papers for CSIR-NET Exam: Attempt Here
- Study Notes for Part A: General Aptitude - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Chemical Science - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Life Science - Download PDF Here
More from us:
~ We hope you understood the above article. Kindly UPVOTE this article and Share it with your friends.
Stay Tuned for More Such Articles !!
BYJU'S Exam Prep Team
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm