In this article, we are going to discuss the Punjab & Sind Bank. Do you know where is the Punjab & Sind Bank Headquarters or HQ? or What is the Punjab & Sind tagline? If you don't know the answer to these questions then keep reading to find out.
Read this article to know about the Punjab & Sind Bank's CEO and MD, Head office (HQ), Origin, Interest Rate on Deposit etc.
History of Punjab & Sind Bank:
- The bank was formed on 24 June 1908, as "The Punjab and Sind Bank limited".
- At the time of its origin, its HQ was at Amritsar, Punjab.
- The Punjab and Sind Bank is the brainchild of visionaries like Vir Singh, Sir Sunder Singh Majtha and SarderTarlochan Singh.
- The vision behind the formation of the Punjab & Sind Bank is to serve the weaker section of the society. Thus, it is founded on the principle of social commitment.
- On 15 April 1980, the bank got nationalized by the Government of India under the Bank Acquisition Act along with 5 other banks and constituted as a "corresponding new bank".
- At the time of Nationalization, its name changed to "Punjab and Sind Bank".
Board Of Directors:
Punjab & Sind Bank has 1 MD and CEO who is the head of the Board of Directors and one Executive Directors.
Board of Directors
MD and CEO
|Shri S. Krishnan|
|Dr Charan Singh|
Shri Ajit Kumar Das
Punjab & Sind Bank Headquarters:
Subsidiaries of Punjab & Sind Bank:
Punjab & Sind Bank, Asset Management Arm
Punjab & Sind Bank Logo & Tagline:
(Picture Credit: Punjab & Sind Bank)Tagline:
- Punjab & Sind Bank Tag line is - Where service is a way of life.
Awards & Accolades:
- Banking Technology, Conference, Expo & Awards 2019 - Runner Up in Best Financial Inclusion Initiatives amongst Small Banks by Indian Banks Association.
- Social Banking Excellence Awards from ASSOCHAM as
the Best Bank under the “Priority Sector Lending other
than Agriculture” and Runner up under the
Agricultural Banking Category for Small Class at the 14th
Annual Banking Social Banking Excellence Awards,2018
Interesting Facts About Punjab & Sind Bank:
- In Jan 2019, Sutlej Gramin Bank which is Sponsered by Punjab & Sind Bank was merged with Punjab Gramin Bank and Malwa Gramin Bank to form a single RRB.
- In 1982, the bank shifted its HQ from Punjab to Delhi.
- In 2012, the bank's business crossed the Rs 1,00,000 cr Landmark.
This is all about the Punjab & Sind Bank. If you liked the article then please upvote it and share it with your friends. For more articles like this please stay tuned with us.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF VERSION OF THE ARTICLE: Punjab & Sind Bank PDF
To provide maximum benefit to the students, we have launched a new course targetting SBI Clerk. So Gradians, with a proper approach and better guidance, now crack the exam with SBI Clerk 2021: Complete Course.
To start a free trial of this course, click on the link given below
What will you get in this course?
- 250+ Interactive Live Classes
- 2000+ Interactive Quizzes
- 200+ PDFs
- 25+ Full-Length Mock Tests
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.
All the best!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai.
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you happy learning