Ministry of Food Processing Industries
|Few Points to Remember|
PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA (PMKSY)
The scheme aims to complement agriculture, to modernize manufacturing and to reduce Agri waste
- Earlier known as SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Creation of AgroProcessing Clusters), this central sector scheme was approved for the 2016-20 period, co-terminated with the 14th cycle of the Commission on Finance.
MEGA FOOD PARK
Providing modern infrastructure for food processing units in the country and ensuring value-added on hub and spokes model of agricultural products like dairy, fisheries, etc.
- It is based on the 'Cluster' approach. It provides for the construction of state-of-the-art support infrastructure in a well-defined Agri / horticulture zone to set up modern food processing units along with a well-established supply chain.
- Assistance -
- In General regions: One-time capital grant of 50% of the project cost subject to a limit of Rs.50 Crore.
- In Hilly & Difficult terrain: Capital grant of 75% of the project cost subject to a limit of Rs. 50 Crore
- The supply chain consists of procurement centres, main centres, central processing centres, cold chain, and about 30-35 fully established food establishment packages for entrepreneurs.
Improve value realization of TOP farmers through targeted interventions to improve production clusters of Tomato, Onion, and Potato (TOP) and their Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs) and link / connect with the market.
- Operation Greens was declared in the 2018-19 Budget speech to stabilize the supply of tomato, onion, and potato (TOP) crops and to ensure the availability of TOP crops throughout the country without price volatility all year round.
- The main aim of this is to reduce price volatility in agriculture commodities like vegetables.
- NAFED will be the Nodal Agency to implement price stabilisation measures.
Provide information about investor-friendly policies of central and state governments.
- It is an investment facilitation platform that would provide information about investor-friendly policies of central and state governments, agro-producing clusters, infrastructure, and potential investment areas in the food processing sector.
To Read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here