Mind Map for Molecules and Their Interaction Relevant to Biology
Things to focus in this unit are -
- The stabilizing bonds between macromolecules, e.g – proteins and DNA (Van der Waals forces, Hydrogen bonds, and hydrophobic interactions.
- Amino acids structures and behaviour according to the different R groups, properties such as chirality and terms such as isoelectric point, pka values.
- Protein conformations, dihedral bonds and Ramachandran plot, techniques to determine different conformations, and their sequencing.
- Protein folding thermodynamics, denaturation and biological function
Enzyme kinetics (Vmax, MM equation km) is a must to study, along with inhibition processes, graphical representations, and formulas.
- Metabolic pathways of carbohydrates including glycolytic and TCA cycle steps, regulation (specially allosteric and feedback inhibition), enzymes cofactors involved and stoichiometry, ETC and ATP synthesis (along with inhibitors) (very important)
- Numerical questions on molarity, pH buffer and thermodynamics (delta G calculation in various cellular processes).
- Carbohydrate structure (concentrate on epimers, anomers, glycosidic bond formation and type of bond between di and polysaccharides, Glycosaminoglycan examples and function)
- Lipid structure with special emphasis on membrane lipids and adaptation to temperature
Nucleic acid topology (Twist, Writhe, Linking number) and structure and nucleotide biosynthesis
Molecules and Their Interaction Relevant to Biology
Aspirants can check below the information regarding the topic and sub-topics included in the mindmap.
|Molecules and Their Interaction Relevant to Biology||Download Mind Map Here|
Nоte: Рleаse Орen the РDFs оn Lарtор/Соmрuter/gооgle drive. (In mоbiles the рdfs might nоt be very сleаr)
~ Hope the above article was helpful for you. Let me know your feedback in the comments section below!!!
BYJU'S Exam Prep
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm