MCQ On Life Science (Methods In Biology)
- 4 Bq
- 8 Bq
- 16 Bq
- 24 Bq
- an exponential distribution
- a binomial distribution
- a Poisson distribution
- a normal distribution
- Alexa 568
- Gold particle
- Osmium tetroxide
- 5 mg/ml
- 33 mg/ml
- 20 mg/ml
- 50 mg/ml
- The number of amplification cycles can be increased
- Primer concentration can be decreased
- Primer length can be increased with low Tm
- the final extension time can be increased
- A-(ii), B-(iv),C-(i), D-(iii)
- A- (iii), B-(ii), C-(iv), D-(i)
- A-(iv), B-(i), C-(ii), D-(iii)
- A-(i), B-(iii), C-(ii), D-(iv)
- Multicolour- FISH
- Flow Cytometry
Strain A mice were crossed with strain B mice and first-generation F1 mice were obtained, i.e. (A x B)F1. A scientist then implanted thymectomized and irradiated (A x B)F1 mice with a B-type thymus and then reconstituted the animal’s immune system with an intravenous infusion of (A x B)F1 bone marrow cells. The chimeric mice were infected with lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) and the spleen T cells were then tested for their ability to kill LCMV – infected target cells from the strain A or strain B mice.
- LCMV-infected target cells from strain A only will be killed
- LCMV-infected target cells from strain B only will be killed
- LCMV-infected target cells from both strains A and B will be killed
- Neither cells from strain A nor from strain B will be killed
Specimens for light microscopy are commonly fixed with a solution containing chemicals that crosslink/denature cellular constituents. Commonly used fixatives such as formaldehyde and methanol could act in various ways as described below:
A) Formaldehyde crosslinks amino groups on adjacent molecules and stabilizes protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions.
B) Methanol acts as a denaturing fixative and acts by reducing the solubility of protein molecules by disrupting hydrophobic interactions.
C) Formaldehyde crosslinks lipid tails in biological membranes.
D) Methanol acts on nucleic acids, crosslinks nucleic acids with proteins and thus stabilizes protein-nucleic acid interactions.
Which one of the following combinations represents all correct statements?
- A and C
- B and C
- B and D
- A and B
|Answer Key For Methods In Biology|
|Question Number||Answer Key|
- Previous Year's Papers for CSIR-NET Exam: Attempt Here
- Study Notes for Part A: General Aptitude - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Chemical Science - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Life Science - Download PDF Here
More from us:
BYJU'S Exam Prep Team
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm