Last Minute Preparation Tips for SBI PO Mains 2022
1. Get acquainted with the new types of questions :
Do not expect questions based on the same old pattern. Of late, the pattern of some topics like syllogism, coding-decoding, DI has been changing. Hence, make sure to practice a good number of questions pertaining to a new pattern. Mock tests are the way to master this. Make sure to be thorough with the basic concept of all the topics.
2. Revise the topics well :
During the last few days before the final exam, revision of topics should be your priority. Do not pick up anything new during these days. You have already studied whatever you could. You just revise that studied material. Focus more on revising those topics which are frequently asked in the exam. Also if you have a good habit of making notes of important points, revise them well. As very few days are left for the exam, try to revise one subject per day.
3. Solve and analyze Mock Tests Properly :
Mock tests can give a thrust to your performance like nothing else. By attempting mock tests, you learn many things, such as new concepts, time management as well as tackling exam pressure. So make sure to practice enough mock tests before appearing for the actual exam. Evaluate your performance in the mocks and practice topics in which you are scoring less.
4. Solve previous year memory-based paper :
Solve previous year's paper to be familiar with the pattern and level of exam. Previous year papers give a good idea of the level of questions to be asked in the examination. Prepare yourself accordingly.
Check here: SBI PO Previous Year Papers
5. Be careful with the choice of your question.
The questions you choose in the actual exam can make or break your chance of success. Your choice must be wise and smart. Identify your strengths in sections and use them wisely. Similarly, identify your weaknesses and through this avoid doing mistakes during the exam. If at all a question in the exam is leaving you in a fix, abstain from spending too much time on it. If you are not able to solve some questions within a stipulated time, please leave it and move on to further questions.
6. Every question is NOT of equal marks :
In SBI PO Mains, most of the questions are of 1 mark. But some questions can be of 1.5 marks or even 2 marks. These questions are a bit tricky. So analyze first if you can solve them and attempt accordingly. If a question is tough, it can maximum take thrice of normal time per question, if it is taking longer than that, leave it. If you have time after attempting all easy questions, then come back to tough questions.
7. Read the instruction properly before attempting any question :
In an exam like SBI, it is all about the "presence of mind". Don’t just start attempting any questions without reading its instructions properly. Do not miss the crucial words in instructions. Sometimes, the essence of questions completely lies in instructions. Like in questions of Syllogism, there may be written, "Which conclusion does NOT follow ''. So make sure to read the instructions properly before attempting any question in the examination.
8. Be ready for surprises and don't get panic :
SBI never fails to give surprises to the candidates. So do not lose your calm if you see questions based on a new pattern in the exam. Give it a look, try to solve it by applying the basic concepts of the topic with an attentive and calm mind. Despite all this, if you are still not able to solve, don't take it as a challenge and move on to the next question. Do not ever lose your patience and remain calm.
9. Keep your focus on Accuracy :
In an exam, which has negative marking, maintaining accuracy is very important. Your every mark is very important, so do not guess the answer just for the sake of increasing your attempts in the exam. Attempt each and every question with utmost accuracy and avoid guesswork.
General Awareness :
- Make general awareness of your weapon to score well in the exam. General awareness is the most scoring section in the exam if you have prepared this section smartly. This section is not tricky, the only thing you need is a good revision of recent current affairs, banking awareness in particular
- You should revise the current affairs of the last 5-6 months very well. Especially focus on revising banking and finance-related current affairs
- The static GK portion must not be left out
- Go through the following shared links to revise everything in this section in the remaining short time
Data Interpretation :
- Practice questions of data interpretation very well on a daily basis. Solve a different kind of complex question of the topics Tabular chart, Line graph, Bar graph, Pie chart, Mixed DI and Missing DI.
- Be well aware of the concepts of average, percentage, ratio, profit & loss. These are the topics that are included in the questions of Data Interpretation
- In the exam, spot and solve those questions first, which have fewer variables. You will find 2-3 comparatively easy sets. Attempt these first.
- You can get a good idea about the Data Interpretation section from the link below :
Check here: Data Interpretation Preparation of SBI PO Main Exam
English Language :
- Revise grammar rules and vocabulary. Under grammar rules, revise rules of tenses, subject-verb agreement, Prepositions, and conditional sentences mainly.
- In the exam, attempt reading comprehension first. You can expect reading comprehension from economic, geographical, or environment-related topics.
- You can try the elimination method in some of the topics of the English section. Eliminate the most incorrect options one by one. In this way, you will be able to find the answer.
- Go through the link below to know in detail about the English language section of SBI PO Mains :
SBI PO Main English language Section Preparation
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude :
- Revise the concepts of each of the topics in this section.
- It is advisable that you should attempt puzzles and seating arrangement questions after attempting all other questions of this section.
- First, solve the puzzle and seating arrangement in which there are fewer variables to find.
- If time permits, attempt the higher-level puzzles and seating arrangement questions.
- Follow the below link to know in detail about the Reasoning and computer aptitude section of this exam :
SBI PO Main 2022 Reasoning and Computer Aptitude Preparation
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Prep for SBI PO Main
Things to keep in mind :
Proper diet and Proper Sleep: Keep yourself healthy by taking a proper diet a few days before the exam. Also, don't forget to take the proper sleep before the exam. Candidates mostly avoid these things in order to save time for study. But that is not good. To perform well in the exam, you need an attentive mind.
Believe in yourself: Do not get demotivated by anything around you. Last days before exams, avoid group study and focus on self-study. Revise what you have studied and stick to your strategy. Do not think about the level of preparation for others. Just try to give your best and forget the rest.
Note: Things you will need for the examination are: your admit card, one photograph, your original valid ID Proof, photocopy of the same ID proof. So do not forget to keep all of these a night before.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch(English) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment