Kendriya Vidyalaya (KVS) is one of the most prestigious institutions when it comes to quality of life. The recruitment examinations are conducted as per the vacancies of PRT, TGT, and PG teachers. In the recruitment process, 85% weight is on the written exam and 15% of the weight is on the Interview. The complete recruitment process is divided into 85:15. The interview is of a total of 100 marks which are later converted according to the weight of the interview. Candidates need to know that the KVS Interview Questions for TGT PGT and PRT play a significant role in the selection
Prospective candidates who got shortlisted for the KVS Interview, are always in dilemma to know what type of questions are being asked, so we are sharing a checklist of the important KVS Interview questions and answers. Also, don't forget to read the preparation tips for the interview phase below.
KVS Interview Questions and Answers for TGT, PGT, and PRT
Question 1: Tell us something about yourself.
Answers: Professionally share the summary of your academic qualifications, beginning from class 10th, 12th marks, Graduation marks, and CTET marks and the marks one scored in written marks. Do share your teaching experience if you possess and you can also share your hobbies here. You can also share information related to your parents and siblings. Try to be on point here and finish the introduction within 2 to 3 minutes.
Question 2: What is your SWOT?
Answers: SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat. In this answer, try to highlight your skills, capabilities, and abilities as much as you can and try to emphasize more the strengths part- Punctuality, Hard Work, Positive Approach towards work, Confidence level, and love and affection towards children. Try to mention your area of interest it can be in the Arts, Sports, Rock Climbing, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, or Music if you had ever participated in the Zonal level competition or obtained any certificate related to the same. Mention any certification course you had completed so far, and the number of seminars and debates you attended, try to be specific about your plans.
Question 3: Why do you want to join the teaching profession?
Answers: Try to answer this question smartly, the teacher is the one who can bring transformational changes in the education sector, and teaching children means preparing them for the future, nurturing discipline in them and you can keep your point of view also.
Question 4: What are the responsibilities of a school teacher?
Answers: The responsibilities of the school teacher includes:-
- Helping children to move from early phases of learning to become expert
- Conducting and grading tests
- Working with students both in groups and personally
- Tracking, monitoring, and supervising the performance and progress of each student
- Regularly meet with parents to discuss students' progress and work on making a child better.
Question 5: What will be your approach when a lesson does not work well?
Answers: Try to analyze what is the main problem:-
- Concentrate on the weakness of the lessons & optimal utilization of the resources to work on it.
- Make the content easy, interesting, and interactive.
- Take advice and guidance from other experienced teachers
Question 6: What are the duties of a school teacher?
Answers: The duties of a school teacher:-
- Preparing material for seminars and presentations
- Enforcing disciplinary actions & conducting progress reports
- Assessment of student progress & Lecturing and discussing concepts
- Making administrative and budget decisions
Some of the questions can be targeted at your subject of interest. Be prepared for such questions. While appearing for PRT, TGT or PGT interview plays to your strengths and revolves around the topic of your interest. E.g. You may be asked about the questions related to computers and how you plan on teaching such complex subjects to different age groups.
Question 7: What is your favourite subject and why?
Question 8: Which class would you like to teach most and why?
Question 9: What will be your reaction, when you are rendered with work not related to your work area?
Question 10: What are your thoughts on today's education sector and reforms that need to be bought according to you?
Question 11: Do you support the Formative and Summative assessment system?
Question 12: Why Kendriya Vidyalaya was established and When? Does Kendriya Vidyalaya have branches outside India?
Question 13: How many Kendriya Vidyalaya are there?
Question 14: Why do you want to join KV's School If you got a job in your state will you going to leave the job?
Question 15: If you are posted to a rural area will you serve there, where no facility of electricity and water is available?
Note:- In the Interview, there is a panel of five to six people. One of them is a psychiatrist who is there to observe the greeting skills, body posture, gestures, how one answers the question, and to check on our confidence level.
How to Present Yourself in the KVS Interview?
The interview can last for half an hour, but if the interviewer finds the interviewee quite knowledgeable they keep on asking questions, in that case, it can stretch up to 1 hour also.
- The most important to be kept in mind is you need to speak English to crack the Interview as it is the central government's job, and one should be well versed in the vocabulary part.
- As you enter the Interview room, greet all the members of the panel and don't sit until you ask to. Try to maintain eye contact with all the panel members.
- One should be very polite, loud, and clear in answering the question being put up by the interviewer.
- One should be aware of the static facts related to the state they belong to, i.e. literacy rate, soil, crop and heritage sites, etc.
- In the interview mostly situational-based questions are asked so you should use current facts and figures to answer those questions, e.g. If environment-related questions are asked one should mention when is Environment Day is celebrated?, about the Environment Protection Act in context to this candidate should read the newspaper to keep themselves updated.
- Candidates should be well versed in the total number of the States and the Union Territory in India along with their capital, types of soil found in India, and names of oceans, rivers, mountains, and plateaus found in India.
- Try to adopt the rapid answering approach in the Interview and avoid adopting negative keywords in the Interview and avoid repeating words as it shows you are low in confidence.
- Don't try to become frank with the panel member professionally keep your whole Interview process.
- Don't forget to greet the panel after the completion of the Interview and close the door swiftly before stepping out of the Interview room.
Preparation Tips for KVS Interview
Here we will discuss some KVS Preparation tips which help to boost your KVS exam preparation along with other details related to the recruitment process.
1. Always carry the confidence and positive approach.
2. Wear a formal dress and prefer light colour clothes i.e. a saree or suit for females and formal shirts and trousers for males.
3. Keep yourself updated with current news.
4. Read well in advance NCF 2005, many questions are asked from it.
5. Learn by heart all articles of the constitution related to Education.
6. Especially for PRT post-learn by heart at least 3 poems of English and Hindi up to class 5 level.
7. Computer knowledge especially of MS Office is essential for KVS Teacher Job.
8. The prospective candidate should know how to make a timetable and Lesson Plan, in the Interview most of the time this question is asked.
9. Make a proper list of all the formulas of Mathematics, i.e. BODMAS rule, area & perimeter of the circle, Types of Angle- acute, obtuse and right, complementary and supplementary angles, speed, time, and distance directly formula is being asked by Interviewer.
10. Maintain a proper balance of postures and gestures as the Interviewer observed body movement, and carry a professional approach as much as you can.
11. Practicing writing on the blackboard or with a marker is the favourite task of the Interviewer, they ask Interviewee to write on a Black Board or White Board to check to handwrite.
12. Keep yourself open to facing open-ended questions i.e.
- Will, you join us if we post you on the northeast location or any hilly location?
- In case you are a married female, will your family allow you to serve on the northern side when you belong to the southern side or vice-versa?
More From Us: