IIT Madras PhD Admissions 2022: Important Dates
The interested candidates can check the table given below to acknowledge the important dates regarding the IIT Madras PhD Admission in July 2022.
Starting of the Registration Of The Online Application
|15th March 2022|
|The last day For The Online Registration||30th April 2022|
|Written Test||Details of the Examination will be sent to the shortlisted candidates via Email|
IIT Madras PhD Admissions 2022: Minimum Education Qualification Required
The interested candidates will need to fulfil the following qualification requirement to apply for the IIT Madras PhD Admissions 2022 according to their field.
For Regular Research Scholars
PhD in Sciences
- The student must have a Master’s degree in Sciences along with a good academic record and a valid score of CSIR-JRF/NET/GATE/UGC-JRF/NBHM/ INSPIRE.
- The student must have a Master’s degree in the field of Engineering/Technology or a 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree/ 5 Year Integrated degree along with a good academic record from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute.
- The Candidates must have a 2 Year degree of M.Sc. from IITs (admitted through JAM) with at least an 8.0 grade that is exempted from qualifying in the National level exams.
- The Students having more than 8.0 CGPA in M.Sc. from the Science Departments of IIT Madras can get direct admission to PhD Programme in Sciences after an interview at the departmental level.
PhD in Engineering
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology along with a good academic record/ A 5 Year Dual Degree in the field of Engineering or a 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree along with a good academic record from Centrally Funded Technical Institute.
- The Candidates who have a 2 Year M.Sc. from IITs (admitted through JAM) with at least an 8.0 grade are exempted from qualifying in National Level Examinations.
- The Candidates having a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having exceptional merit are eligible to apply for the relevant Engineering disciplines (as such decided by the department responsible for admission). The Candidates must have a valid CSIR-JRF/GATE/UGC-JRF/NET or equivalent qualification in the relevant area.
IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022: Finance Assistance
Here is the information provided on Finance for the students interested in applying for the IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022.
For Ph.D./Direct Ph.D./Upgraded to PhD.
For the students getting admission in the PhD, the first 2 years will fee will be Rs.31,000/- p.m.
For the students in the subsequent 3 years, the fee will be Rs.35,000/- p.m.
How To Apply For The IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022
The candidates can follow the information given below to apply for the IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022.
- The candidate must first visit the official website of IIT Madras at https://research.iitm.ac.in/
- There will be an information brochure with instructions given, Read those instructions carefully to fill out the application form.
- The Candidates looking forward to applying to the multiple departments or research programmes will have to register a separate individual application and will also have to pay the application fee separately.
IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022: Application Fee
The candidates will have to pay the application fee while applying for the IIT Madras Admission 2022 according to the information given in the table below.
|GENERAL/EWS/OBC-NCL Male candidates||Rs. 100|
|GENERAL/EWS/OBC-NCL Female candidates||Rs. 50|
|SC/ST and the PwD candidates||Rs. 50|
~ We hope you understood the above article. Kindly UPVOTE this article and Share this article with your friends.
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series, free quizzes, and previous papers.
Here are the links:
- Daily Free Video Series - Click Here
- Daily Free Quizzes - Click Here
- Attempt CSIR-NET Previous Papers - Click Here
More from us:
BYJU'S Exam Prep Team
Download the BYJU'S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm