IIT Jammu PhD Admission 2021
IIT Jammu is offering admission for PhD Programs under two categories. Candidates can apply for admission under one of the categories discussed below:
- Indian Research Student/Candidate (Full Time).
- Full-Time externally funded Students who want to apply through the GPAT and CSIR Exam or the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB).
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Highlights
Here are the important dates related to the IIT Jammu PhD Admission 2021-2022. Check all the important dates before applying for the same.
|Last Date to Apply||15-05-2021|
|Tentative Date for Application Shortlisting||20-05-2021|
|Call letter receiving for the selection process (Tentative)||26-05-2021|
|Schedule for Test/Interview selection process||03-06-2021 to 11-06-2021|
|1st round of admission||28-06-2021 to 05-07-2021|
|2nd round of admission||08-07-2021 to 12-07-2021|
|3rd round of admission||15-07-2021 to 20-07-2021|
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Departments offering PhD Programs:
A candidate can choose PhD programme from the 9 Specializations of Science, Arts, Humanities and Engineering. A valid GATE Score will be valid for the Engineering Courses for the admission process. Check all the departments offering the PhD Programme mentioned below.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Physics & Chemistry
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who will apply for the PhD Program must hold any one of the eligibility criteria For the Full-Time PhD, program at the Institute mentioned below:
- Master’s degree by Research in Technology/Engineering or a Master’s degree in Technology/Engineering with a good academic record is required.
- Master’s degree in Science with a good academic record and a valid GATE score or CSIR, GPAT, NBHM or equivalent qualifications in the relevant areas. IIT Council agrees on exemptions under this scheme for the students of NITs/IITs/IIITs/IISERs/IISc.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible discipline.
Note: Minimum experience of 2 years (Full time) is required after completing B.Tech./M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent on the date of registration.
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Application Procedure
Candidates need to register for admission to PhD Programmes and fill the application online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the Official Website of IIT Jammu.
- After reading all the details, click on Apply Now.
- After this, click on New Registration and fill in all the required details and register yourself.
- Login to your account and fill the application form with accurate details.
- Complete your application process by paying the application fee.
- Before applying online, the candidate must go through the Official advertisement.
- Always use the active mail id for the registration as all the information will be sent on it regarding the exam.
- Candidates are requested to fill the online application form only. The offline application will not be entertained.
- Always try to visit the official website for regular updates.
- Please check all the information before applying. No request will be entertained after submitting the application form.
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Application Fee
Application Fee Details for IIT Jammu PhD Admission 2021 are mentioned below:
|General/Gen-EWS/OBC(NCL) category||Rs. 1000/-|
Note: Candidates can pay the application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Addition charges will be applicable as per the rules of the concerned banks. The fee will not be accepted in any other mode.
IIT Jammu PhD Admissions: Documents Required
Candidates must keep the following documents ready for the IIT Jammu PhD Admissions:
- Scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Marksheets and Certificate of Class 10 and 12.
- Marksheets of all the semesters of the qualifying degree.
- Caste Certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable.
- Any Other relevant documents or experience certificates, if applicable.
We have tried to cover almost all the aspects required for the PhD admission announced by the IIT Jammu. We hope all your doubts regarding the IIT Jammu PhD Admission 2021 have been cleared. If you still have any doubts or queries, please ask below in the comment box. We will try our best to solve all your queries.
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep