Other Characteristics of Arid Soil
The solid is formed in an arid or semi-arid climate. The other characteristics of Arid soil are as follow:
- It lacks moisture and humus due to the dry climate, high temperature, and accelerated evaporation.
- The phosphate content is normal and nitrogen is insufficient in Arid soil.
- Because of the increasing calcium content downwards, the lower horizons of the soil are occupied by ‘kankar’ layers.
- Arid soil is developed in western Rajasthan, which exhibits characteristic arid topography.
- This soil is poor in organic matters.