IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022
1. IBPS Clerk Age Limit 2022 (as on 01.07.2022)
- IBPS Clerk age limit for a candidate must be a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 28 years old, as on 01 /07/2022.
- This basically means that any candidate born earlier than 02/09/1994 and later than 01/07/2002 does not pass the IBPS clerk eligibility criteria to appear for this exam, where both the above-mentioned dates are inclusive while calculating age.
- Candidates can also seek relaxation for the upper age limit, subject to the following -
2. IBPS Clerk Age Relaxation-
Age Relaxation provided
1984 riots affected people
Candidates who domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989
Union Carbide Factory’s regular employees have retrenched from service. This is however applicable only for Madhya Pradesh state candidates)
Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
Persons With Disabilities
Ex-Servicemen or Disabled Ex-Servicemen
Eligible candidates can seek relaxation for (actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST)) period. However, this relaxation is subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
3. IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
- IBPS Clerk Degree Eligibility: In order to pass the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria 2022, a candidate should have a degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a Government of India recognized college/ university, as on 21/07/2022. Candidates having any equivalent qualification that is recognized by Central Government are also eligible to apply.
- Other Requirements: Computer Literacy is a must. Candidate must possess operating as well as working knowledge of Computer System. For this, candidates should have followed -
(a) Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate in Computer Operations/ Language
(b) Should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/ Institute/ College.
- Proficiency in Local Language: Candidates should also be proficient in the language of the state from which they are applying. This means that the candidates should know how to read, write and speak the official language of the state of union territory from which they are applying.
- In cases where the college/ university provides CGPA or OGPA, candidates need to convert the same into the percentage, up to 2 places of decimal, and accordingly fill it in the application form. The selected candidates are also required to produce a certificate, mentioning the university norms for the grade to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks that the student has secured, and it should be signed by an appropriate authority.
- For candidates from colleges/ universities where a web certificate is released or the result is published online, then candidates must produce a relevant document, signed by the appropriate authority, in original, with clear mention of the candidate’s date of passing.
If you are aiming to clear the IBPS RRB exam in 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.