KVS stands for Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan and is going to conduct KVS PRT Exam soon. In order to know How to clear the KVS PRT exam, candidates should know in advance- Educational Qualifications, Exam patterns and tips to clear the exam.
KVS PRT Educational Qualification
Candidates can check the education qualifications candidates should possess before applying for KVS PRT(Primary) teacher exam from the table mentioned below. KVS PRT exam has a set of eligibility conditions that need to be fulfilled for an aspirant to get a shot at securing the prestigious job of a teacher. Candidates should make sure that they meet all eligibility criteria before appearing in the exam.
KVS PRT Teacher Exam Pattern
KVS PRT exam pattern is set by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan(KVS) which is the conducting body for all KVS exams. For any candidate willing to apply for the upcoming exam, it is important that they are completely familiar with the KVS PRT exam pattern. The Written test will consist of one paper for Primary Teacher (PRT). The KVS exam is one of the most competitive examinations in India. Over the past few years, the number of applicants for the KVS PRT exam has massively increased and it is important that the candidates have a clear idea of the latest exam pattern to continue with their preparation.
Number of Question
Part - 1
2 Hours 30 minutes
Part - 2
General knowledge & Current Affairs
How to clear the KVS PRT exam?
It is important to include the best preparation tips to clear the KVS PRT Exam. With the right preparation strategy, it is possible to prepare well for the exam. Check the best KVS PRT preparation tips mentioned below. Candidates can refer to the following key points in order to clear the KVS PRT exam with 120+ marks in the written exam.
1. Syllabus: Candidates should start preparing for the exam by having in-depth knowledge of the syllabus. As the syllabus is vast it includes General English, General Hindi, General knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability, Computer Literacy, Pedagogy and Subject concerned.
2. Time Management: This is a very crucial step in preparation mode. So candidates should study focus and without wasting time on any productive activity. Try to devote 5 to 6 hours a day. Planning your studies is one of the most important parts of your KVS PRT exam preparation. First, you should know and understand all about the KVS exam syllabus, topics, and subtopics; then you should find out the sections and subjects in which you are weak. You should pay more attention to those weak sections and then prepare a study schedule accordingly.
3. Previous Year Question Papers: Practice as much as you can, KVS previous year question papers help you to track your performance level, accuracy, and speed can also be improved by attempting them.
4. Mock Test: Attempting a mock test helps one to know how much they need to learn more and how much they have learned so far. Mock Tests are basically performance measurement tools. Mock Tests provide a fair idea of our performance. It is estimated that how much we score in mock tests likely our performance in the real test will be the same or increase substantially.
5. Eat Healthy Diet: It is advisable to avoid having junk food during examination preparation duration. Have fruits and lemonade only in order to gain vitamins.
6. Books: Candidates should refer to authentic books. It is advisable to cover NCERT Books of classes 6th to 10th of Mathematics, Hindi Grammar, SST & Science.
7. Revision: Keep on revising the topic learned daily so that you do not forget what you have studied so far. A weekly test should be attempted in order to maintain a balance of what you have learned so far. Reading the newspaper and magazines daily and updating yourself about Current Affairs will help you a lot in the General Awareness and English Language section. You should concentrate topic-wise, a single topic at a time and not just try to finish everything. You should practice more problems on the various topics after completing each of them.
8. BYJU'S Exam Prep Application & BYJU'S Exam Prep YouTube Channel: BYJU'S Exam Prep provides authentic and to-the-point study notes, study material, quizzes, mock tests, and online classes for KVS PRT (Subjects) exam, candidates can refer to both platforms for sure shot selection.
9. Study Plan: Candidates can refer to the study plan mentioned below in order to manage time as well as subjects during the course of preparation. It is advisable to devote more time to the subject-specific part as it is the main deciding factor of the results.
|Q.A.||1 hour||Moderate- Difficult|
|Subject Specific||2 hours||Difficult|
10. Time Management Tips
Here are some tips that you should follow while preparing for the KVS PRT exam and maintain a time tracker during your exam preparation:
- You must prepare yourself for the exam for the section which you want to attempt first.
- It would help if you did not spend too much time on a question that you either don’t know or are unsure of.
- General Awareness, Current Affairs and English papers should be attempted first because these papers take less time.
- For each question on average, 1 minute should be utilised.
- You should frequently practice test series and mock papers so that you can check how much time you need to finish the bank exam paper.
- Attempt the questions in which you are strong and require less time to solve.
11. Subject-wise strategies
Candidates can check the subject-wise strategies to clear the KVS PRT exam in a short span of time.
How to prepare for the Reasoning Ability section of the KVS PRT Exam?
Reasoning Ability is an important subject for KVS PRT Exam. It plays a significant role in all teaching exams. This section is a scoring section which can make your overall score very high because one can easily score in this section. Reasoning questions also take less time if you read the question and solve it with full concentration.
- How to prepare for the KVS PRT English Language section?
The English Language is a very scored subject in the KVS PRT Exam. The examiner mainly wants to test the applicant’s English knowledge and how he performs in the English Language section. English subject is built on three essential components: vocabulary, comprehension, and grammar. Therefore, focusing on these 3 key issues will give you an edge in the preparation of this subject. Start reading the newspaper daily. List down the important words that you find and try to search for the synonyms and antonyms for those words. Practice Reading Comprehension and Cloze test regularly. The question paper is based on grammar, therefore, works on the fundamentals of grammar.
How to prepare for the General Awareness/General Knowledge section of the KVS PRT Exam?
General Awareness/General Knowledge is a fundamental part of every teaching exam. One should be aware of the current activities and daily events in India and globally, which one can improve by developing the habit of reading the newspaper daily. The habit of reading English newspapers, journals, and magazines regularly not only aids in improving the vocabulary skills of a candidate but covers various parts of the General Awareness section too.
How to prepare for the KVS PRT Computer Knowledge section?
Computer Knowledge is a scoring section in the KVS PRT Exams. It contains the same marks as the other subjects. Here the examiner tests your Computer skills and basic knowledge about computers. One should have all the basic knowledge possible about computers. The computer syllabus is not so vast and complicated; hence answering this section does not take much time during the KVS PRT exam.