Total RBI branches in India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the regulatory body and central bank of India responsible for regulating the banking system in India.
- The Finance Indian Government owns it.
- It is the main reason for issuing, controlling, and maintaining the supply of Indian rupees. It manages the main payment systems of the country and supports economic development.
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (BRBNMPL) is a specialized division of the RBI that prints and mints Indian currency notes (INR) at two printing presses located in Dewas (central India) and Nashik (western India).
- The RBI established the National Payments Corporation of India as its specialized division to regulate settlement and payment systems in India.
- The RBI established the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation as its specialized division to provide deposit insurance and credit guarantee facilities to Indian banks.
How many RBI branches are in India?
There are about 31 branches of RBI in different locations in India, with its headquarters located in Mumbai, and the branches are present in the state capitals.